AMD Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Design Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had filled up an online application on the career website. After one week received the call for the interview through online process. The interview lasted for the 30 minutes. Discussed in depth about the projects I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were from resume, I was asked in detail about the project. And some questions relevant to project like synthesis tool,etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Interview happened as a part of the rush, where they collect a large number of free resumes and invite them for interviews. I had 5 interviews, back to back. All the people, I met were nice and the questions were mostly related to computer architecture and C/C++ programming. The entire process was very smooth and well organized.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

nice building in sunnyvale ca. manager is keep qestioning my current tiltle as it sounds not in proportion to my working years. Got the onsite very easy but onsite itself is not smooth. Some engineer would keep asking your the past project details which I couldn't reveal due to NDA.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

two phone screening interviews followed by of 8 1:1 on-site interview (day long).

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume and a few comp arch questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Telephonic as well as 5 1:1 onsite interviews were pretty straight forward. Questions were nice with varied difficulty level. It included Computer Architecture, Verilog, C, Perl and general behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

phone screen -- onsite interview(day long..meet with ~6-8 people. extremely technical.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD in March 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview which lasted for about 30 minutes in which a senior design engineer interviewed me. He mostly went over my resume and gauged my experience. Later in 2 weeks i got a call from the HR person and an onsite was scheduled. The onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds. The first was with the HR person with a look over of company benefits, etc. After which different people from the team interviewed me. 2 managers interviewed me to see if I could be a fit for either team.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic round for an hour, basic architecture and system and os level and programming questions. Relatively not too complex. Fly down the candidate for on-site face to face round. That was a full day affair, with four technical round and a manager meet followed by an hr round. Offered on the same day and have nearly a week to confirm acceptance. Technical rounds were programming, basic operating system concept, system and architecture related.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds. I cleared first two rounds. Third round was with manager, and it was a brainstorming round. They can ask you about anything. And the question is not, what you did. But, why you did that. Means if you have a chosen a path A, then what all paths you considered, pros and cons of each path, how did you finally arrive at path A. And how sure you are, that path A was the best. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my project, basic and advance digital design, CMOS concepts, STA, C, Verilog   Answer Question