AMD Design Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and about 2 months later got an email from a hiring manager to set time and date for a phone interview. Was interviewed by two people on the phone where they asked technical questions as well as questions regarding the projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• -Questions about cache coherency
    -Basic Verilog Questions
    -Questions about c++ and traversing trees   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty basic questions about comp arch, object oriented concepts.
    Onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds technical + 1 HR interview. Questions were mainly comp arch, cache coherency, pipelining techniques. A few questions on verilog, system verilog, perl, assembly language.

Interview Questions

• How would you verify a write-back 4-way set associative cache using assembly language programming.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, received phone call a few days later from a lower-level employee with a couple of years experience. The phone interview was completely technical in nature, with no personality or leadership questions. Got invited to be flown down for an on-site interview, but was already in town, so was able to interview the next day.

On-site interview was four 45-minute interviews with employees of different divisions within the working group, each one-on-one, and all of them completely technical with no non-technical questions. They also provided lunch with entry-level employees from working group.

Was given the impression that would receive a follow-up contact within a few days but did not receive any contact until I inquired over a month later.

Overall, the people were friendly and the campus was nice. Got the feeling that people enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• What do each of the bits represent in a memory address having a two-way associative cache with size: X words, Y lines, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews over 4 weeks. Generally discussed about current research projects. I was invited to meet the team in Boxborough, MA in December. I had around 7 personal interviews including one during lunch. The interviewers were pretty good asked questions on microarchitecture, projects, object oriented concepts, verification and logic design.
    I was informed by the recruiter that they'll have a decision by next day. I was told that the team was interested in my candidacy but wanted to conduct one more interview over Skype. I didn't here back from them for about 4 weeks when they told me that they have already identified a other candidate.
    Overall it was very poor and unprofessional job by the team manager and the recruiter.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

Just one on-site interview before hiring. Was interviewed by two engineers on the team. Was for most parts a typical software engineering interview, only superficial questions about hardware. No explicit coding questions but lots of questions about how you would code it.

After receiving the offer, I was also invited to a tour of the company's buildings and to meet the rest of the team.