AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

166 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Firmware Engineer, Wireless IP Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

This position was with the AMD wireless IP group. This was a team that was formerly a startup and had been acquired by AMD. They were working on wireless VR systems.

Recruiter reached out. This was followed by a phone interview with hiring manager which was mostly a discussion on my background and the job position. This was followed by another technical phone interview with two engineers. I was invited on-site for about 5 one-one interviews and one lunch interview where I was answering questions in the middle of having lunch.

Overall, all the questions during the on-site interview rounds were very straight-forward except for the second round: during this round the engineer asked a math question based on display and another buffer management question based on display again. For both the questions, it seemed like the interviewer had one particular approach/solution in mind and was not open to even discussing my solution which I had derived from scratch. He could not even explain if there were any shortcomings with my approach. This was not a good sign from my perspective: I would struggle to work with such an engineer who is very close-minded in his approach to solving problems.

After the on-site interviews, there was no communication whatsoever in spite of multiple emails/calls to recruiter, staffing assistant etc.

The position was relevant to my background in WiFi and I think the work would have been very interesting and challenging. But I doubt if I would want to work of a company or team that has a complete disregard for a interview candidate's time.

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and about 2 months later got an email from a hiring manager to set time and date for a phone interview. Was interviewed by two people on the phone where they asked technical questions as well as questions regarding the projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• -Questions about cache coherency
      -Basic Verilog Questions
      -Questions about c++ and traversing trees   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had filled up an online application on the career website. After one week received the call for the interview through online process. The interview lasted for the 30 minutes. Discussed in depth about the projects I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were from resume, I was asked in detail about the project. And some questions relevant to project like synthesis tool,etc   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got email from manager to schedule the interview. 2 telephonic interviews. Then after a month of follow up I came to know "probably" they hired some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Time complexity of BFS, DFS which is better and many questions based on resume.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

First round screening interview was fine and standard.

Second round I was supposed to talk to one person, ended up being two - fine. Except instead I didn't get to speak at all so there was no point in me interviewing and they could have just decided based on my resume.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The resume was submitted online on the company website. The team manager called after couple of weeks for the first phone interview. The manager asked the technical person on the team to conduct technical interview the following week. The technical interview covered basic questions on the object oriented programming skills. The overall tone of interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• what are main differences between UVM monitor and UVM driver classes?   1 Answer

Design Verification Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, they both asked questions about the projects in resume first, and then the second interview covered more technical questions related to C++, verilog/sv, and computer architecture.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between Temperal and Spatial
      2. Difference between Shared Memory and Memory Passing
      3. How to transfer a float number to integer in c++
      4. questions about class, inheritance, polymorphism and so on.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly, was contact by HR for a screening, then talked with a manager before going in to the office for the official round of interviews. Was placed in a room and managers rotated in and out, I believe I talked with six people total. The entire on site interview process took about two hours.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about semiconductor manufacturing?   Answer Question

Senior ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Gainesville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a telephonic interview from the team lead. He wanted someone to join immediately within a week. He mostly talked about what the company and asked very few questions. I guess because he wanted an immediate hire, the questions were very specific to what he was looking fir rather than testing my knowledge in that area. But overall a positive experience.

Corporate Development M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an initial call from a company recruiter. After that screening it took approximately 2 weeks to connect with a Director. After this I waited another 2 - 3 weeks to have a call with a second director. I had that call and then... AMD slipped into a coma. Never heard anything back. Not even "Boo".

I ended up taking a CFO role elsewhere. I figured this lazy and apathetic of a interview processes was evidence of a cultural pathology.

Interview Questions

• 1.) "You are aware that we have some challenges. What would you change?" Well, OK! After first pressing upon the interviewer that I was not an informed position to propose specific remedies and changes, I was pressed again to provide some strategic changes.

2.) What do you know about SOC and wafer fabrication.   1 Answer