AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

3.1

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

First round screening interview was fine and standard.

Second round I was supposed to talk to one person, ended up being two - fine. Except instead I didn't get to speak at all so there was no point in me interviewing and they could have just decided based on my resume.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The resume was submitted online on the company website. The team manager called after couple of weeks for the first phone interview. The manager asked the technical person on the team to conduct technical interview the following week. The technical interview covered basic questions on the object oriented programming skills. The overall tone of interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• what are main differences between UVM monitor and UVM driver classes?   1 Answer

Design Verification Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, they both asked questions about the projects in resume first, and then the second interview covered more technical questions related to C++, verilog/sv, and computer architecture.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between Temperal and Spatial
      2. Difference between Shared Memory and Memory Passing
      3. How to transfer a float number to integer in c++
      4. questions about class, inheritance, polymorphism and so on.
      1 Answer

Senior ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Gainesville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a telephonic interview from the team lead. He wanted someone to join immediately within a week. He mostly talked about what the company and asked very few questions. I guess because he wanted an immediate hire, the questions were very specific to what he was looking fir rather than testing my knowledge in that area. But overall a positive experience.

Corporate Development M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an initial call from a company recruiter. After that screening it took approximately 2 weeks to connect with a Director. After this I waited another 2 - 3 weeks to have a call with a second director. I had that call and then... AMD slipped into a coma. Never heard anything back. Not even "Boo".

I ended up taking a CFO role elsewhere. I figured this lazy and apathetic of a interview processes was evidence of a cultural pathology.

Interview Questions

• 1.) "You are aware that we have some challenges. What would you change?" Well, OK! After first pressing upon the interviewer that I was not an informed position to propose specific remedies and changes, I was pressed again to provide some strategic changes.

2.) What do you know about SOC and wafer fabrication.
      1 Answer

Graphics Verification Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, a basic telephonic interview. Basically, asked about the resume.
    Second, on-site interview. coding round and VLSI. I didn't know much about the VLSI. Easy to crack if you know your thing.

Semiconductor Design and Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD in February 2016.

Interview

Quick for 30 mins. Questions were based on Resume. Technical. Checked my C++ knowledge. Behavioral Questions on working with teams on projects. questions like why AMD? what is you authorization to work in USA, etc.

Not difficult but surely presence of mind is important.

Interview Questions

• Implement a flip flop in C?
      What is a pure virtual function?
      Answer Question

DFT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Basic question on Verilog and Verification. Interviewer is very friendly. It lasts about 45 minutes. Since my background covers IC Design and ASIC more. Then he asked me some more questions on IC Design. Most questions are basic. About 15 minutes' of introduction on previous project and some introduction on their group.

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

First phone interviewed with the hiring manager, then had onsite interview with 4 people, including the hiring manager. The interview was technical, 45 min per person. The engineers who interviewed me were friendly. The environment was very casual. No HR personnel was involved in the first round. I received email feedback on my status after two days, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• asynchronous clock domain crossing, FIFO pointer logic, timing constraints, a divide by 3 clock generator   Answer Question

Design Verification Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD in November 2015.

Interview

I applyed through the amd career website, receive an email from one of the manager several days later. Got two round interview, one with the manager goes through my resume and introduced what main job I will do if hired. The other one is with a team member with some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Everything on the resume and related stuff, C++, Pipling, GPU   Answer Question