AMD ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening for 30 minutes by the hiring manager. 3 weeks later invited for an onsite interview. There were 6 rounds 5 of which were technical (including one with the Director) and lunch with the hiring manager. Basic questions were asked related to my projects and the physical design flow including STA, physical verification, low power techniques, CMOS inverter layout and logical reasoning. Some of the interviews were focussed on solving the real world design issues, so experience with EDA tools would be necessary.

Interview Questions

• 1. Ways to check if there is any overlapping between cells in a multi-million cell design. (Perl related)
    2. How to check the correctness of the scan chains in the design?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview (just screening)
    6 one on ones-
    1- verilog and digital design
    2- c/c++
    3,4,5,6 general Digital Design principles and management fundas

Interview Questions

Negotiation

first offer was low but even after negotiation, it went up but I could not raise it to what I wanted

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Technical Questions: Timing Analysis, DRC Fix Methods, Understanding of Noise, Place and Route Principles

Behavioral Questions: Stress management, workload management. Time management skills, What would you do if you had multiple deadlines on the same day.

How do you prioritise your work.

Know scripting skills PERL?

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

onsite 1 round no phone interview. after 2 weeks get the offer.Most question are quite basic. As long As you finish Second year University. It should be Fine. They are very helpful and friendly. Basically a great interview. Recently AMD has a great trend.....I really suggest people to apply AMD position since they give pretty good package,.

Interview Questions

• FF question draw the detail circuit ,C++ question need to implement a class,Scan question it's touch , u need to understand the concept and apply it.. clock issue question,related project question.Most question are quite basic. As long As you finish Second year University. It should be Fine. They are very helpful and friendly. Basically a great interview.   Answer Question

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2008.

Interview

Contacted by HR representative.
    Relatively standard interview. Started off with a description of the job, followed by a detailed explanation of the organization and where the job fit in the organization. Some technical questions involving object oriented programming.

Second interview more technical, software and hardware style questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What negotiation phase?