AMD Senior Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Senior Product Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

Six interviews with Senior, Member of Technical Staff and Manager. Last one day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Day long of interviews. Technical. Should know process engineering. Failure analysis doesn't hurt. One of the interviews is behavioral. The usual of tell me about a time you failed etc. The process is pretty fast. Feedback is provided quickly.

Interview Questions

• Detailed analyzing of certain processing steps and the motivation behind it.   Answer Question

Sr. Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call from the technical recruiter who walked me through the position details. This followed by email conversations and a phone interview with one of the section head managers. The phone interview was medium difficult. The questions ranged from behavioural to technical covering all aspects of the position. This was followed by an all day interview on site. The people were pretty friendly and nice to speak with. On-site interview was medium to high difficulty based on the the interviewer but was not out of line with the job expectations.

Interview Questions

• How can you solve the problem? (Example from the current problem of their department)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try and negotiate a better deal as the range of salaries for the same position is huge.

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

A large number of candidates brought in on same day for interviews. There was a group reception and briefing for the process, and it was well organized. Met for about an hour with each of half a dozen managers from different but related departments covering the product development and support process. Questions ranged from technical regarding statistical analysis of test data to more general regarding the development process and working as part of a team. Unfortunately, it did not appear that any of the positions were filled at this location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a instance where you were able to make a significant and tangible contribution to improve a product's cost or quality.   Answer Question

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

submitted resume --> Got call on site --> had a 1:1 for an hour --> got offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer