AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Physical Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 AMD engineers on the physical design team interviewing me at my school. The interview began with them describing the position and what thier team did at AMD. This was followed by a series of technical questions with regards to logic gates and CMOS logic. There were no generic interview questions, Interview was purly technical. Unfortunately one of the interviewers would tell me I was wrong midway through my explanation which through me off completely, setting the tone for the rest of the interview questions poorly. Other than that the two AMD staff members were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Draw the NAND implementation of some digital logic.
      Draw and explain the CMOS implementation of a NAND gate.
      A series of questions with regards to a CMOS inverter (switching, what comes after a CMOS inverter, explain how a CMOS invetering works, etc.)
      Basic Linux commands
      Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was mostly technical in nature comprising of 7 45-minute sessions including lunch. They start a bit early at ~9.00am (compared to other interviews I had) which I found preferrable than a later start. The sessions are not extremely rigid with regards to time and they could vary depending on the depth of discussion in any one session. Overall, the interviewers were very courteous and professional in their demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Analyze and recommend a decision between supporting fine-grained P-states Vs coarse-grained P-states specification for major SoC subsystems such as CPU, Graphics, Multimedia accelerators etc.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AMD (New Delhi (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was really a tough interview. But all the stages had a special testing of your skills. All i remember was a good interview. Hope to clear it in near future

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was an hour long interview. The interview was in Markham. it was very technical interview. YOu need to prepare yourself. The in person interview was followed by a phone interview. In the phone interview, I was asked some basic questions like my availablity and expected salary.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance, Parallel computing, technical information about motherboard and graphic card architecture   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was for a month with two interviews of two hours each. I had a great impression from the interviewers and it was a nice experience although it was very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that makes a knight, in chess, be in all the places of the board only one time.   1 Answer

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Referred by my friend through his manager to manager of that group. Got a call for intial telephonic screening then I got a call for fac-face interview. I was interviwed by 3 persons in 1:1 fasion for around 31/2 hrs.
    They completely concentrated on Memory related stuff and ofcourse some questions repeated.

The best part of interview is thier way of approach, and the technical stuff in their questions. There was no HR round which benifited for say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

applied through online posting.hr person called and set up an interview with the team
    interview was 3 hours. first hour was engineer manager then second hour was with verification manager and last hour was with design manager of the team. I had design experience and they were looking for verification engineering. they said no after three weeks

Interview Questions

• explain setup and hold time with figure and some example and then interviewer added some circuitry and asked to solver setup and hold violation in circut   1 Answer
    • random testing using c   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD in April 2010.

Interview

Describe some of the best reasons to work at TTM Technologies

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the best reasons to work at TTM Technologies   1 Answer
    • Describe some of the best reasons to work at TTM Technologies   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interviews were brief, about thirty minutes with half of that being technical questions. Once I was invited for an on-site interview the process was to have one on one interviews with six different engineers from the overall group with the job opening. Each of those interviews was 45 minutes to an hour long. Very technical, but not aggressive. Overall I thought all of the engineers I met were very bright and it would have been a great place to work had an offer been extended after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Draw a two stage folded cascode opamp design including a bias network and explain the device sizing.   Answer Question

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Technical Questions: Timing Analysis, DRC Fix Methods, Understanding of Noise, Place and Route Principles

Behavioral Questions: Stress management, workload management. Time management skills, What would you do if you had multiple deadlines on the same day.

How do you prioritise your work.

Know scripting skills PERL?