AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

Purchasing Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMD (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Friendly interviewers (2 people), arrive on time, speak good English and in a very polite yet professional manner. Give a good first impression and promote the company well. Serious but not stressful interview. Best interview (so far) I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• How would you market yourself?
      Tell me about your experience in a team.
      Do you think work in a team or alone more effective/productive for you?
      Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you apply for this company and position?
      Are you serious in accepting this job if offered and willing to stay for at least 3-5years?

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager interviewed me and asked details on my resume, especially my intern experience. And then , the manager gave me a paper to answer 12 or 14 programming questions. I was told that I could choose any programming language I was familiar with and did not need to answer all questions (they covered different aspects of programming).

Interview Questions

• There is a sequence of integer numbers, write a function to reverse the order of numbers.   Answer Question

ASIC Design and Verification Engineer PEY Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

5-6 behavioral questions followed by 4 technical questions. Three concerning hardware and verification, one concerning algorithms. Interviewers were around same age as me, very relaxed environment. Questions were not difficult, they provided aid

Interview Questions

• What was an engineering project where you encountered an obstacle?   Answer Question

Front End Devolper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

there was only 2 rounds :written test and interview.exam was little bit difficult and intervew they asked about project,c, digital signal processing.i went for interview while pursuind my postgraduation they asked about my project,basic questions on electronics(sampling therom,etc..,)

PEY Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

The project manager and technical member were a present during the interview. The interview started with the technical member asking me to implement Linked-List traversal function. The project manager enquired about the difference between progressive/interlaced video scanning method. Also, they asked me to describe my previous projects and what courses I have taken in school. The final interview question was to implement a class object with specified attributes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Linked-List traversal function
      2. Distinction between progressive/interlaced scanning method
      3. Object-oriented programming, implement a class with specified attributes

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Got call for Telephonic interview, it was one hour.Then after some follow up with HR, got call for Face to Face interview. During Face to Face interview, asked about previous project experience. Asked few digital design questions. Positive Experience.

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and about 2 months later got an email from a hiring manager to set time and date for a phone interview. Was interviewed by two people on the phone where they asked technical questions as well as questions regarding the projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• -Questions about cache coherency
      -Basic Verilog Questions
      -Questions about c++ and traversing trees

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was well prepared with questions and was very positive. I didn't answer all the questions but he considered and gave importance to my approach and way of thinking

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair, got called for 1st round. Mostly Excel related and basic HR questions. Interview lasted for an hour time. Got selected for 2nd round. 2nd round was also excel based and behavioral questions. Overall very good experience! I didn't get the offer though.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the initial call with the internal recruiter and throughout the meetings with the hiring manager and people from other departments, I got a great sense of community and dedication to the business. No pretense whatsoever. Great people and company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for my opinion on legislation that impacts the type of work I do. The legislation is polarizing, so people have very different points of view about whether it's good or not.   1 Answer