AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

Design Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I got this 45 minutes Phone interview because of employee referral. They sent me the email to set up a phone interview after 1 day, very efficient. During the phone interview, the interviewer asked me to help him go through my resume, and then asked me a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How to estimate the size of a computer memory; how to find out the reason why the area is lager than you expected after synthesis.   Answer Question

Summer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

We started by talking about the course work I have taken and then moved on to technical questions. The entire process was about 1.5 hrs long. The questions are not very hard but can be tricky and requires thinking outside the box.
    Got a call confirming the offer after three weeks

Interview Questions

• Based on the I/O table, derive the logic expression for a circuit(logic gates and deMorgan's Law)   1 Answer
    • Find the equilibrium status of two capacitors given the initial conditions   1 Answer

Graphics Testing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

The Interview was first done by a manager of the team which was basically a follow up of my resume which was then followed by a phone interview in the following week where I was tested on the basics of C Programming and Computer Architecture concepts

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, get contacted by email, phone arranged in 1 day. Basic question of resume and simple logic and layout questions.

What is your relevant technical experience in this area?

Setup hold time, transistor size, glitch reduction

Interview Questions

• Solve problems of parasite cap during building the layout   Answer Question

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and 8 rounds onsite. Prefer people with at least 1-2 years of relevant work experience.Requires basic knowledge in computer architecture, VLSI basics, scripting, programming and x86.

Interview Questions

• Paging, Caches, Pipelining, Question from Data structures, Verilog, State machines, Verification methodologies, Perl scripting.

All basic computer architecture and VLSI stuffs.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy!!

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Multi step process. Did an initial informal one on one with one of their presenters at a meet and greet hosted at my university. Submitted resume via e-mail. Did follow up phone interview with direct manager I would be working under. Then contacted by HR to fill out paper work. Rather smooth and painless process.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with utilizing c++ and linux to handle advance math and physics problems.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Four 1-hour phone conversations with research team members and 1 hours web presentation in front of research team members. Conversations were scheduled one after another. It all took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to background knowledge and current developments in the area. Also, some typical questions about cache hierarchy and architecture to test thinking. Some questions related to what would be involved in the project at this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked HD for 20% a raise with respect to my previous salary but got only 10%.

Design Verification Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through University. Got call from Hiring Manager , 45 min of call , asked regarding the background , skills and knowledge about the programming skills. Next round was technical, questions pretty much based on verilog and c++. After 2 days , got a call for on-site interview. 5 people took the interview about 30-45 min each. Questions based Design concepts and Verification Methodology, C/C++, Verilog and Scripting.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you implement FIFO in hardware?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. First round is phone screen. Ask most technical questions
    Bitwise, key word in programming like "static, volatile"
    OS questions

Then full-day on-site interview.
    From 10:AM to 5 PM one-to-one interview. 6 or 7 persons in total including Manger. All are technical questions

Computer Architecture : cache, GPU
    Algorithm/Data Structure : c++ , Binary Tree, linked list.
    Some basic graphic questions

Interview Questions

• Operating system:Page table/virtual address. synchronization, mutex, racing condition
      Computer Architecture : cache, GPU
      Algorithm/Data Structure : c++ , Binary Tree, linked list.
      Some basic graphic questions
      1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a total of 6 rounds. Every interviewer was good and friendly. First, Manager tells you about the team and work there. Then I was interviewed by 5 other members of the team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Programming questions like Fibonacci series.
      2. Some questions related to Perl Programming.
      3. Some questions on state machine design.
      4. Synthesizable and non synthesizable constructs in Verilog.
      5. Be thorough with the stuff on the resume.
      Answer Question