AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

Coop Interview

Interview

The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview

Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submitted resume through university contact. They got back to me immediately and a phone interview was scheduled in one week. All communication was through e-mail. The interview was strictly a skill test focused on just the basic questions on posted requirements.

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email that asked me to schedule a phone interview. I also received a call form the recruiter regarding interview scheduling. I was told that the interview would be mainly a general one and nothing technical would be asked. Some of the questions asked in the interview-
    - Why do you think you are most suitable for this job?
    - How are your skills relevant to this position?
    The questions were easy and mostly of HR type. Never heard back from the company regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• (Unexpected) What the types of caches?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds. A HR phone screen and a technical phone screen interview. Both ones are very kind and patient. HR just asked some basic resume questions. Technical round was using collabedit to solve some algorithm problems in C

Interview Questions

• Reverse words in a char array in place, use C.   1 Answer

Co-Op Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Telephone interview and PERL and Shall Scripting

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter went great - or so I thought. We spoke for 45 minutes and he said I would hear something in 24-48 hours about next steps. The recruiter asked me questions that were indicative of being interested in moving forward. After a week of not hearing anything, I contacted him. He said he'd follow up and again, never heard back. I would've appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" instead of letting me wonder what happened!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just caught off guard that I was asked the following questions in a phone screen: How many square feet is your house? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. What's your current salary? What salary are you expecting? How much is your bonus? How many people would be moving with you? How many other companies are you currently interviewing with?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone screens. Usually is the case for internships. They could also increase the number of screenings depending on how it goes. Good interviews, testing basic systems knowledge. Interviewer was helpful. Also tested basic coding ability.