AMD Interview Questions in Markham, ON | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions in Markham, ON

Updated Apr 19, 2017

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Technical Questions: Timing Analysis, DRC Fix Methods, Understanding of Noise, Place and Route Principles

Behavioral Questions: Stress management, workload management. Time management skills, What would you do if you had multiple deadlines on the same day.

How do you prioritise your work.

Know scripting skills PERL?

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process involved in person interviews with 4 managers + 1 engineer consecutively in roughly 20 min sessions. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. Behavioral questions mostly dealt with how to overcome obstacles at work due to lack of resources as well as time differences.They also asked technical questions derived from previous experiences. The interviewers were very nice and respectful. They took the time to answer technical questions so I may learn. Overall, it was a nice trip to their office.

Interview Questions

• How to turn a MUX into an AND gate?   1 Answer

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

onsite 1 round no phone interview. after 2 weeks get the offer.Most question are quite basic. As long As you finish Second year University. It should be Fine. They are very helpful and friendly. Basically a great interview. Recently AMD has a great trend.....I really suggest people to apply AMD position since they give pretty good package,.

Interview Questions

• FF question draw the detail circuit ,C++ question need to implement a class,Scan question it's touch , u need to understand the concept and apply it.. clock issue question,related project question.Most question are quite basic. As long As you finish Second year University. It should be Fine. They are very helpful and friendly. Basically a great interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair, got called for 1st round. Mostly Excel related and basic HR questions. Interview lasted for an hour time. Got selected for 2nd round. 2nd round was also excel based and behavioral questions. Overall very good experience! I didn't get the offer though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was so long. It took 3 hours including 3 1h interview sessions. I have interviewed with two senior ones and also the team manager. The senior engineers focused mostly in technical question and the manager in behavioral question. It was a bit frustrating to talk that much long and express the evaluations in different aspects.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some basic questions about differences between different programming languages.   1 Answer

Driver Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Skype interview for about 30-45 minutes. Applied through my university portal. Both interviewers were very nice! In fact, the entire team there is very cool and very down to earth! I highly recommend this position!

Interview Questions

• Write a function that outputs every odd power of 2 from 1 to N.   1 Answer
    • Had a block of code. Figure out the bug.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to career site on amd.com. Was contacted through email for two interviews. First interview was about previous experience/soft skills, Second interview was more technical. Was then contacted a week later with offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a pure virtual function.   1 Answer

Graphic Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

On- site interview in their company with the team manager, the overall process takes about 1 hr. Talked about the AMD team, and what their team did. Some C++ questions, GPU and computer graphic basic questions. No behavior question at all. The manager did not prepare some specific, and not sure what he really wanted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Through university career networks and apply from there. Usually 8-10 people were selected for interview among all applicants of the same position. Interviews were mostly held on campus or on site, phone interview were possible. Likely, you will be interview by your manager but it is possible that you are interview by a senior team member from the team or a general hiring manager who does hiring for many teams.

Interview Questions

• Multi thread programming knowledge, mutex, object oriented programming. Some logical puzzles.   1 Answer

AMD ASIC Layout/Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Interview

One phone interview. Then one on-sight interview lasting 3 hours split up equally between DV team lead, Design team lead, and manager. DV and Design team leads asked technical questions, while manager asked character questions.

Interview Questions

• DV team lead asked a question about mathematical proof for paired prime numbers characteristic.   1 Answer