AMD Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GPU Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening: Took about 1 hour 20 mins. First 40 mins was about my background (resume and educational background and stuff). Next 40 mins was used for answering a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions:
      Tell me about yourself (what courses you have taken and what areas of interest etc.)
      Describe 3 of your projects (one design project, one verification project and one architecture project)
      (details of each project was asked - like what was the clock period of your design, what language did you use, what do you mean by setup and hold time)
      After each project, I was asked what technical skills I had gained from each of them.

Technical questions:
      1. design question - given a code and asked to identify whether it was a sequential or combinational circuit and if sequential, how many clock cycles?
      2. given a function (say c++ function) and asked what the outcome of the function was for a given input value (the function was for finding the nearest power of 2 lesser than the given integer)
      3. design question - quickest algorithm to find the highest position of 1 (find the 1st '1' going from left to right) in a 16-bit input value.
      4. list uvm component phases   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Casual but organized and straightforward. I was asked about my C++ proficiency as well as my experience with graphics programming, debugging and software profiling tools, optimization techniques, multi-threading, CUDA/OpenCL, and a little bit about machine architecture. It was much more challenging than any previous interview I've had before. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How would determine at which stage of the graphics pipeline you are bottlenecked, and how would you optimize it?   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

there was at least 2-3 Phone interview along with manager interview which may be up an hour, one Written round, one onsite group round with presentations, with personality, IQ questions, behavioral questions and list goes on.

Interview Questions

• Basics Computer Architecture, Verilog, System Verilog, C++, Verification methodologies, Design questions   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I had one round of interview with my team manager.

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview (just screening)
    6 one on ones-
    1- verilog and digital design
    2- c/c++
    3,4,5,6 general Digital Design principles and management fundas

Interview Questions

Negotiation

first offer was low but even after negotiation, it went up but I could not raise it to what I wanted