AMD Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

3.2

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Interview

Started with a half hour phone interview with Hiring Manager that was not technical. Second phone interview was a half hour of asking technical questions about graphics knowledge and vector math. Third interview was on site and consisted of 7 45 minute white board/technical sessions. An hour lunch was in between so I was there for a total of 6.5 hours. Questions range from C++ to graphics and everything in between. Extremely intelligent people who are very passionate about what they do so if you are similar minded then you will have fun!

Interview Questions

• In what coding situation can a c++ variable be optimized out by a compiler and what is the way to prevent this from occurring.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Set up phone interview through university recruiting which was mostly experience and light technical questions. Then onsite interviews with technical and algorithm questions, also some OS questions about multithreading and virtual memory.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very casual yet structured. I like my interview here better than else where where people treat interviewee like prisoners. It depends on the interviewer, but a lot of interviewers in other tech companies just can't communicate with people

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds. A HR phone screen and a technical phone screen interview. Both ones are very kind and patient. HR just asked some basic resume questions. Technical round was using collabedit to solve some algorithm problems in C

Interview Questions

• Reverse words in a char array in place, use C.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

by phone

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

The first round was interviewed by HR. It was a phone interview. They asked you some questions regarding to your working background. Then, it went to the 2nd round. It was interviewe by a project manager, They asked you some situational questions, such as how to meet the project deadline, how to deal with difficult customer, how to control the cost and quality.

Interview Questions

• What is the differentiated value that you could deliver to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

referred by employee, directly went onsite, met a couple of software and hardware engineers. asked questions like: reverse a linked list, etc . no tricky questions. people were very nice there. it took a couple of days to hear back from them. and went through some negotiation about options and base. overall good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Asked about the CUDA hardware, GPGPU. Scenarious where I could get a segmentation fault, with no error in the code during compilation, what could be the reason. There is enough space, and space is not the issue.

Interview Questions

• Warps in GPGPU, role of registers in GPU hardware   2 Answers
    • Analyse a situation where you get a segmentation fault and whats the reason   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview
    In-person interview by four managers, each took one hour.
    Had lunch in between.

Interview Questions

• Write code in C/C++ to insert/search for a record in BTree.   1 Answer
    • Write Java code to insert/retrieve data in Oracle database from a web page.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were some basic technical questions such as describe object oriented programming and os concepts. Then they asked a coding question. The coding question was done with a board as apposed to writing code with a system. However, they did want code to be written. Most questions were all technical.