AMD Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the initial call with the internal recruiter and throughout the meetings with the hiring manager and people from other departments, I got a great sense of community and dedication to the business. No pretense whatsoever. Great people and company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for my opinion on legislation that impacts the type of work I do. The legislation is polarizing, so people have very different points of view about whether it's good or not.   1 Answer

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening for 30 minutes by the hiring manager. 3 weeks later invited for an onsite interview. There were 6 rounds 5 of which were technical (including one with the Director) and lunch with the hiring manager. Basic questions were asked related to my projects and the physical design flow including STA, physical verification, low power techniques, CMOS inverter layout and logical reasoning. Some of the interviews were focussed on solving the real world design issues, so experience with EDA tools would be necessary.

Interview Questions

• 1. Ways to check if there is any overlapping between cells in a multi-million cell design. (Perl related)
      2. How to check the correctness of the scan chains in the design?   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Six technical rounds (incl. one with Director) and one non-technical with the hiring manager. Prior to the onsite interview, there was a short phone screen one week back. The onsite interview was very enjoyable as the engineers asked me questions on real issues they were facing in taping out products.

Interview Questions

• Q: Mostly related to my PhD projects... and some general physical design ones. E.g., When can VDD degrade, how to offset / cure IR drop issues. How to fix timing at the post-route stage with minimum changes to the layout (i.e., avoid eco place)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing actually, not flexible with compensation :/

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a total of 6 rounds. Every interviewer was good and friendly. First, Manager tells you about the team and work there. Then I was interviewed by 5 other members of the team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Programming questions like Fibonacci series.
      2. Some questions related to Perl Programming.
      3. Some questions on state machine design.
      4. Synthesizable and non synthesizable constructs in Verilog.
      5. Be thorough with the stuff on the resume.   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I met my manager at career fair in school. Then I went through an 1-hour on-campus interview, 4 1-hour on-site interviews. The on-campus interview is with my hiring manager, and the on-site interviews are with his team members and another hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about basic C++ knowledge, such as encapsulation and polymorphism. I was also asked to interpret some assembly code. A design manager asked me conceptual questions about computer systems and architecture, such as cache and virtual memory.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

There was one round phone interview before I got onsite interview invitation. In total, there were 6 rounds interview on campus, including last interview with the hiring manager and lunch interview. They are very friendly and professional.

PTMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

No phone screen since I was recruited by AMD based on my proven track record. Met 3 people during on-site interview. No brain teaser questions that are just waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What was your most proud achievement? How would you handle difficult co-workers?   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Was asked to describe previous projects that I had worked on and the difficulties that arose and how I overcame them

Asked a couple of technical questions about hardware and software

Proposed project direction was described to me

Process was repeated with a second member of the technical staff

Offer was extended after two rounds of phone interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant technical experience in this area?   Answer Question

Logistics Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Very poor quality, late for the interview, anal questions, rude.
    Obpverll bad experience

Interview Questions

• How many windows are there in the world?   1 Answer