AMD Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

2 phone screen and one on site, the phone screen is about fundamental of language and computer architecture, and on site takes a whole day and takes 5-6 rounds. The question is not that difficult

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

referred by employee, directly went onsite, met a couple of software and hardware engineers. asked questions like: reverse a linked list, etc . no tricky questions. people were very nice there. it took a couple of days to hear back from them. and went through some negotiation about options and base. overall good experience.

Hotline Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Multiple questions about circuit design, computer system architecture, interpersonal communication skills and team work skills

Interview Questions

• Is central server with multiple displays better than multiple personal computers   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was sutisfied with offer

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Learn the Basics. Rest will go on smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The compensation was decent. Did not negotiate

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty basic questions about comp arch, object oriented concepts.
    Onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds technical + 1 HR interview. Questions were mainly comp arch, cache coherency, pipelining techniques. A few questions on verilog, system verilog, perl, assembly language.

Interview Questions

• How would you verify a write-back 4-way set associative cache using assembly language programming.   1 Answer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was for the position of Co-op engineer for the Spring semester. I had submitted my resume to University Relations long back and seeing a match for my academic projects with the job requirement, the Hiring Manager called me first and took phone interview. It was a perfect match for my projects and the work that I would have to do at AMD. So he was pretty much convinced and told me an other senior engineer would take me interview. There was time constraints so this happened 2 days later and the senior engineer asked mostly technical questions from C++, Verilog, Computer Architecture, Algorithms and also told me to explain the Academic projects in detail. The interview lasted an hour. I think they were impressed by me, So I got the offer by the next day.

Interview Questions

• In C++, what’s a virtual destructor and when is it needed?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between blocking and nonblocking assignments ?   Answer Question
    • Main difference between C++ and Java?   1 Answer
    • Different Time complexities of Data structures   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this was for Internship, there was no negotiating. AMD offers very competitive salary for interns along with relocation bonus which was very good.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

One telephone interview followed by a day-long onsite interview. The interviewers were well prepared, and each one focused on a specific skill. Overall, people were very pleasant but tough. Although, I was put in some other team rather than the one I interviewed with, the job responsibilities were very similar, and the management was willing to listen to my interests.

CPU Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

1) Phone Interview 1 hr
    2) Onsite Interview 7 interviews by 7 different potential team members.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

two phone screening interviews followed by of 8 1:1 on-site interview (day long).

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume and a few comp arch questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Asked about the CUDA hardware, GPGPU. Scenarious where I could get a segmentation fault, with no error in the code during compilation, what could be the reason. There is enough space, and space is not the issue.

Interview Questions

• Warps in GPGPU, role of registers in GPU hardware   2 Answers
    • Analyse a situation where you get a segmentation fault and whats the reason   1 Answer