AMD Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Systems Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

No pretty hard technical questions.
    Just several questions about hardware configuration, then situational questions, for instance what's your reaction when facing over limit workload, etc.
    The interviewing process took about 20 minutes. Interviewers are kind.

Interview Questions

• How to quickly find which version of driver is broken out of 100 versions.(Suppose all versions before the broken one are valid and all after are broken too)   1 Answer

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

At first, the interviewer told me something about their team and then asked technical questions about RTL design. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. This is a short interview and the communication is very well.

Verilog Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Asked me technical questions, no behavioural questions. I didn't do too well on the technical questions but what got me the job was the problem solving question unrelated to the job. I was the only candidate to answer the problem solving question. They are looking for someone who can problem solve, even if your job knowledge is rusty.

Physical Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 AMD engineers on the physical design team interviewing me at my school. The interview began with them describing the position and what thier team did at AMD. This was followed by a series of technical questions with regards to logic gates and CMOS logic. There were no generic interview questions, Interview was purly technical. Unfortunately one of the interviewers would tell me I was wrong midway through my explanation which through me off completely, setting the tone for the rest of the interview questions poorly. Other than that the two AMD staff members were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Draw the NAND implementation of some digital logic.
      Draw and explain the CMOS implementation of a NAND gate.
      A series of questions with regards to a CMOS inverter (switching, what comes after a CMOS inverter, explain how a CMOS invetering works, etc.)
      Basic Linux commands
      Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Asked technical questions, and some problem solving ones unrelated to course material. I applied via my university, and I only had to do one round. They are looking for people that can problem solve.

Interview Questions

• A simple coding question, a series of verilog questions, and a problem solving.   Answer Question

Client Power Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took approximately 2 weeks and I had my interview at school. There were 2 interviewers and both had different questions to ask me. I had to answer a basic circuits question and then asked a bunch of technical skill questions regarding computers.

Interview Questions

• Place computer parts onto a motherboard appropriately   1 Answer

Analog Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

All technical questions asked such as MOSFETS and Digital logic. Manager didnt ask any questions it was mostly a past student from university/present intern asking all the questions while manager listen and wrote on laptop.

ASIC Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my University's job portal, and was contacted by email within the week to set up an interview. Interview had a good mix of technical software and hardware questions. I stumbled on a few questions, but the interviewers were very friendly. Only had one round of interviews, and they got back to me very soon after.

Interview Questions

• Explain a flip flop's design and timing. (From basic logic gates)   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview applying online. The interview was scheduled and was an hour long. Mostly technical and questions about my previous experiences. Afterwards I was told they will get back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• 1) Which is faster in an inverter rise time or fall time?
      2) What other factors effect rise fall times in an inverter?
      Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Technical questions from basic circuits to transistor characteristics
    1.1 analysis of basic circuits
    1.2 difference between mosfet and bjt, why use mosfet
    1.3 logic gates
    2. Questions regarding past working experience from resume
    3. Answers to my questions about the job
    3.1 details of the job to do everyday
    3.2 teamwork or individual tasks

Interview Questions

• Draw a NAND with transistors   1 Answer