AMETEK Director of Sales & Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMETEK (Oak Ridge, TN) in December 2010.

Interview

This seemed like a good company to work for, but as I already have a good job I was waiting for them to try and sell to me on the reasons to quit and come work for them. Many of the interviewers were enthusiastic about the company, but the HR Director seemed to take a different tack. She seems to approach the interview from a unilateral perspective, like I should convince them to hire me (when I was looking for someone to convince me to work there!). Afterward, I heard from the recruiter that she felt like I was not serious about the job (even though I took a day of vacation and traveled over 800 miles for the interview). Also, they did not seem to respect my time, in that they booked me on a flight itinerary which included a 4 hour layover in Atlanta, as opposed to a direct flight to Knoxville, because is was several hundred dollars cheaper. This resulted in me burning an entire Sunday away from my family, to accommodate their budgetary concerns.

Interview Questions

• What unique skills do your bring to a sales & marketing team?   Answer Question
  • How have you been able to improve sales of your products?   Answer Question