AMN Healthcare Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMN Healthcare Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview

16.75 hr plus a commission. Their hiring makes no sense. I have a background in recruiting but when going through the interview process the 3rd interview was all about recruiting to nurses and how much different that would be in comparison to recruiting other fields. It felt like the interviewer was more worried that I was a man and wouldn't be able to be as productive because of the higher female nurse population.

The position I went for was a recruiting in training for the very reason that I would have the chance to be trained in nursing terms and use my previous sales and recruiting background to reinforce recruiting in this new field.

It is obvious that this company, that boasts 3rd best place to work in San Diego has problems training and retaining professionals. They have questionable reviews (midline) and a high turn over rate. Which tells me the HR isn't where it should be.

Interview Questions

• How would you think you would be able to relate to female nurses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMN Healthcare

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Del Mar, CA).

Interview

Interviewing process was rather easy. Phone interview then a face to face interview a week later with vice president. After that you wait to get an offer from HR. Once you have an offer you attend orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Del Mar, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite extensive. Began with a recruiter calling me and getting to know me and my working background. Then AMN Healthcare's recruiter calling and doing the same thing. After that phone interview, I was invited to interview onsite in San Diego. This interview consisted of being interviewed by two directors that went over resume and asked a handful of questions regarding experience. After the questions came role playing and then shadowed a recruiter for about 15 minutes. The onsite interview took almost 2 hours. The following day I received a final interview over the phone from one of the recruiting trainers.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you had to bounce back from a tough week or month in sales? How did you bounce back?

If we were to call your previous employer what would they say your 3 biggest strengths are? What are your 3 biggest points of weakness?   Answer Question

Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview

Behavioral questions where you are expected to describe the situation, how you approached it, and what the result was. Being specific is a huge plus. You will also be expected to participate in a role play.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to negotiate to get something you wanted.   Answer Question

Travel Nurse Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare in August 2014.

Interview

The process is fairly quick. They have two interviews. One where they put everyone in a large room and then you just scatter out and find a Director to interview. It's just a bunch of tables in one room spread out. If they like you, they'll send you to do an assessment and schedule a 2nd interview. The second interview, they make you do a role play, then they sit you down with a recruiter to shadow them. Once hired, the training process is 3 months. They do not tell you this but they do cuts from the team with no warning, so you technically do not have a secure job yet. They see you as a tangible commodity that can be easily replaced. They do not consider the jobs you may have left or if you have moved away from home from the position. So just be careful if you're making this job a priority and putting all you eggs in the AMN basket. I would honestly reconsider.

Interview Questions

• Just questions about sales and customer service. Those generic ones. The "tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. 34k plus commission. You get $4500 (before taxes) if you book 20 nurses in the first 3 months. But they give you a database of nurses who applied 10-12 years ago. Some are retired or have kids.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was referred to the company by someone who worked here for 15 years. I came in and did a face-to-face interview and then shadowed a recruiter on the floor for a few minutes.