AMRI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

QC Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

The HR coordinator and I always had polite conversation and clear answers were always given. Communication was up-kept and nothing was a mystery until the position was filled. Was told I was a highly qualified for the position and had others they were speaking with. I had two more conversations with the HR coordinator before they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat preliminary... availability, experience, desired income, etc.? What can you bring to the table and why did you choose our company?   1 Answer

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMRI (Whitehouse, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple. Had to reapply at the office with their paperwork. They had me answer a few basic technical questions prior to the actual interview. Overall the interview questions were more so about how you work with others and if you are a self starter. They had me talking about previous work experience and school

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with HPLC and GC-MS? If so, for how long?   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Interview

Easy. First filled out their own application then proceeded to a room with 2 interviewers, 45 min interview. Polite and professional. Traditional interview questions and 1 question about technical knowledge.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Buffalo, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was typically a 3 round interview. 1st round was a telephonic interview conducted by the HR.
    The 2nd round was a technical round conducted by a scientist from the site.
    The 3rd round was an onsite interview with 2 to 3 scientists.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in working in a lab. Explain all the different projects worked on.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI in May 2017.

Interview

They will take employee referrals very seriously
    I personally didn't have an interview because I knew someone in the company
    If you do have an interview, it will be very basic

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. Recruiter set up phone screens with the direct manager and director. Director and direct manager didn't seem interested in my resume. All were professional throughout. I asked the recruiter for some feedback but none was given.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMRI in August 2012.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview. However, a few hours before it, I received an email rescheduling the interview because something has came up.
    It went good and the HR person told me that I was definitely going to be contacted again. However, after a week or so I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What thing do you like the least about your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY).

Interview

Professional interview process including overnight stay, meals etc.
    After hire, what looked on paper as a very organized orientation schedule ended up being a disorganized disaster(mostly due to HR lack of prepapration)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long. Very inflexible. They just go with what they offer and doesnt budge.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The first phone interview was with HR and asked many focused on my experiences with collaboration and my managers' (advisors') style and level of interaction. The second phone interview was with a chemist and he described the pace and scope of the job much more thoroughly. The onsite interview was a day of one-on-one interviews and a 30 minute presentation by myself to about 25 chemists. There was a long delay before a decision was made, and HR kept me reasonably informed with weekly contact.

Interview Questions

• Several interviewers on the onsite visit asked technical questions based on their own research, essentially probing basic knowledge and problem-predicting ability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR rep suggested two start dates and I chose the later, which necessitated her resending me the offer letter to sign. It didn't seem like it was a problem for HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied directly through AMRI's website. After about a week, was contacted for an initial interview with HR to go over basics and gather background information. This resulted in a second phone interview with the departmental manager, which was based on technical knowledge of equipment and instrumentation. On-site interview about 2 weeks later which involved a research presentation, followed by a tour and additional interviews with members of the research group and V.P. of Analytical Services.

Interview Questions

• There was not a most difficult or unexpected question. Since they are partially supported by contract for higher business, it is important to understand that there are many interactions outside the company and being able to relate how you can benefit AMRI in this roll, in my opinion.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Phone interview with scientist going over technical details. Invited to on-site interview at two research sites, medicinal and process development jobs. Usual seminar and one-on-ones, lunch and dinner. Everyone was very pleasant. Could not get much information on the research because most of it is confidential, and contract-based.