AMRI Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Research Scientist Medicinal Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied on the company website and received a call about 3 weeks later to schedule for a phone screening with HR. HR asked basic questions regarding my chemistry experience. They just wanted to know whether the basic qualifications were met. I then received an email from one of the scientists to schedule for a phone screening. I was asked to send a research summary via email. The phone screen was about 1 h and involved more details about my research experience. My familiarity with organic reactions was tested, especially metal catalyzed carbon carbon coupling. After passing that I was invited for on-site interview. That experience was amazing. They were in the Eli Lilly facility. The labs were beautiful. The scientists were super friendly. I sat down with about 4 scientists individually and they tested my knowledge. It felt like a thesis defense. I then spoke with HR and received a tour then lunch. Everything lasted about 5 h. I felt like it was a first class organization. They unfortunately canceled the position soon after my interview due to something involving Eli Lilly.

Interview Questions

• I had to complete two worksheet that involved organic reactions. some had missing products, some had missing reagents, and some I just had to discuss the mechanism.   1 Answer
    • what do you know about our company   1 Answer
    • what are your long term goals   Answer Question
    • describe your research experience on the white board   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The Human Resource contacted me first just for a general phone screening. Then a technical phone interview was carried out by a scientist. Lastly, on-site interview and presentation at Albany.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a tour of the company not a professional interview. Research Scientist III, Stephanie, showed me around and talked about different lab instruments. They have lots of HPLC, UPLC, GC, and so many other analytical instruments. She was really polite and nice. I am still waiting on the offer.

Interview Questions

• Did you work with HPLC before?   2 Answers

Research Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

HR Screen - Basic Questions. Very vague about what they do at the various sites
    Interview - 3 hours long with HR, department director, and various senior level scientists (chemists). Some of the older scientists are kind of stuck up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

HR person contacted me first by phone. That was pretty straight forward HR related questions. Second interview was on phone with a Senior Scientist. That lasted for over an hour and it was mostly about previous research and a bit of technical know how. The last step was an onsite interview where i met a senior scientist followed by the guy in charge of that facility and the HR contact was also listening in through the conference call. The on site only lasted ~2 hours.

Interview Questions

• It was a problem sheet, mostly one to two step transformations.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Went to an open house for AMRI, had short interviews with several different employees. After 3 weeks, I received a letter in the mail saying that my skills could not be utilized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

45 min phone screen with the senior scientist. Mostly discussion about organic chemistry and some technical questions. Then they flew me out to their on site location in which the section chief interviewed me in a conference call with HR from the Albany site. I got an offer the day later but turned it down as there was no relocation or room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Problem sheet with 1-2 step transformations. NMR problems. Anyone who had an A in sophomore Organic Chemistry would nail it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Phone interview with scientist going over technical details. Invited to on-site interview at two research sites, medicinal and process development jobs. Usual seminar and one-on-ones, lunch and dinner. Everyone was very pleasant. Could not get much information on the research because most of it is confidential, and contract-based.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially filled out an online application, and then did not hear back from the employer for almost 5 months. I talked with an HR representative first over the phone, then the lab manager who I'd directly report to, and finally I had an in-person interview. Interestingly I did not meet my direct report at the in-person interview.

Research Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

I was contacted after a few weeks once I submitted my application online. HR got a hold of me first and the phone interview went smoothly (basic questions). Then I was interviewed via phone again with a scientist and was asked basic questions about the laboratory setting. Within a few weeks I was brought on site for a 4 hour long interview process with 7 different scientists.