AMRI Senior Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMRI Senior Research Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at AMRI

2.6

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMRI in August 2012.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview. However, a few hours before it, I received an email rescheduling the interview because something has came up.
It went good and the HR person told me that I was definitely going to be contacted again. However, after a week or so I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What thing do you like the least about your current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMRI

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY).

Interview

Professional interview process including overnight stay, meals etc.
    After hire, what looked on paper as a very organized orientation schedule ended up being a disorganized disaster(mostly due to HR lack of prepapration)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long. Very inflexible. They just go with what they offer and doesnt budge.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The first phone interview was with HR and asked many focused on my experiences with collaboration and my managers' (advisors') style and level of interaction. The second phone interview was with a chemist and he described the pace and scope of the job much more thoroughly. The onsite interview was a day of one-on-one interviews and a 30 minute presentation by myself to about 25 chemists. There was a long delay before a decision was made, and HR kept me reasonably informed with weekly contact.

Interview Questions

• Several interviewers on the onsite visit asked technical questions based on their own research, essentially probing basic knowledge and problem-predicting ability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR rep suggested two start dates and I chose the later, which necessitated her resending me the offer letter to sign. It didn't seem like it was a problem for HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMRI (Albany, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied directly through AMRI's website. After about a week, was contacted for an initial interview with HR to go over basics and gather background information. This resulted in a second phone interview with the departmental manager, which was based on technical knowledge of equipment and instrumentation. On-site interview about 2 weeks later which involved a research presentation, followed by a tour and additional interviews with members of the research group and V.P. of Analytical Services.

Interview Questions

• There was not a most difficult or unexpected question. Since they are partially supported by contract for higher business, it is important to understand that there are many interactions outside the company and being able to relate how you can benefit AMRI in this roll, in my opinion.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Phone interview with scientist going over technical details. Invited to on-site interview at two research sites, medicinal and process development jobs. Usual seminar and one-on-ones, lunch and dinner. Everyone was very pleasant. Could not get much information on the research because most of it is confidential, and contract-based.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMRI.

Interview

Went to an open house for AMRI, had short interviews with several different employees. After 3 weeks, I received a letter in the mail saying that my skills could not be utilized.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMRI in June 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of several one-on-one interviews with managers and group leaders, and a presentation to a large group, followed by a tour of the facility. It was a typical interview for this type of position, and thirty to forty five minutes was allotted for each one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with statistical analysis.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMRI in November 2015.

Interview

I had a half hour phone screen with HR and then a few days after that, there was a half hour phone screen with a medicinal chemist. About two weeks later, I had a Skype interview (in lieu of an onsite interview). The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and asked fair questions. I did not get a job offer because they wanted someone with previous experience in process chemistry. Overall, it was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company. Why would you like to work for AMRI?   Answer Question