AMX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMX Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Pretty smooth phone interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMX (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial interview by phone. The second one in the office with engineering management and HR. They want to know how comfortable you are working in this kind of environment. Normally, four people from the company will interview you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a suitable fit for AMX?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMX (Richardson, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Multiple interviews at Texas based HQ

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base salary was negotiable, I was able to get their offer boosted by 10%. Bonus was not negotiable (nor attainable).

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMX (Richardson, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

They bring you in sit you down and ask you questions in HR first. It will be one of the HR staff. Afterward, the manager(s) from the department will come down and talk to you. They ask you specific questions about the field and your skill set, not necessarily to try to test you, but instead to assess where you are in your skill level and how well of a fit you would be. Not high stress.

Interview Questions

• Specific skills, no specific questions that I remember so much as general questions about history and abilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nor much of a negotiation. You tell what you want pay wise and they tell you what they'll pay. Benefits are company wide, so there is no need to negotiate these

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMX (Richardson, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

AMX appears to be a good company. Good benefits and decent people. Communications between myself and the hiring manager and HR representative were timely and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What different ways can you get information to/from a device driver to user space?   2 Answers

I had multiple competing offers and I chose a higher offer.