ANZ Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ANZ Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at ANZ Bank

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

i am asking to have interview with brench manager right now. do not have any commonts yet. looking for some experences people had before.i did two times phone interview, first one was very good i thought, 2 weeks later my position have been filled up by internal. and second one i just kind of angry about HR of ANZ, so i said i just too tired to do any online assessments or any phone interview. then i got interview. therefore, i'd like to share my things - do not be soft to HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ANZ Bank

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial process was fast but the assessment to employment stage is quite slow.

Interview Questions

• If there was a long line of customers, they're getting quite agitated and the person in front of you keeps on chatting away.How would you deal with the situation?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to obtain a higher salary than what was advertised. I outlined my previous experience and also my knowledge of another language.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Canberra (Australia)) in October 2018.

Interview

easy and predictable questions and needed a lot of interviews until you could get hired and was very slow with the onboarding process. getting review of interview sometimes was very long and could not find out how you did

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2018.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Phone interview
    -Face to face interview (with branch manager and district manager)
    -Called in for a second (branch manager alone) got offered the position on the spot

My interview experience was difficult in the sense where if you lack the experience within a customer facing role, it would be a bit challenging to answer some of the behaviour based questions, as the panel will be asking you for your experience in each of the scenarios. The panel might ask you a few difficult questions however, speaking from experience do not hesitate to ask for definitions and/or examples when unsure. I found that when I was unsure about a particular question, the Manager was more that happy to help me out with answering the questions.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ANZ Bank in November 2009.

Interview

initially telephone interview with a HR rep.
    I was asked what I knew about this role, why ANZ etc.
    then i was invited to an face to face interview with a HR rep, who asked me behavioural questions, and also on the same day I had to an IQ/intelligence test - sequences and patterns, and mathematical questions.
    Then that afternoon I received a call from HR to arrange a final interview with the line manager and district manager. Who asked me even more behavioural questions.
    I was given an offer the next day.
    working environment - depends on the line manager - mine is fabulous which makes my work life nice, however there's a big push for sales from upper mgmt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Got interviewed by two hiring managers, one male and one female. The interview was relatively smooth, due to preparation. If you are prepared everything will run smoothly. Be prepared to provide examples for everything you say. Back up every point you make with an example as this will strengthen your answer. Don't be afraid to take your time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here/Previous experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a past experience where you had a demanding schedule and something urgent came up, and how you managed to complete all tasks within the demanding time frame   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to ANZ?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question
    • What drives you to work everyday?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you consulted with your colleagues in order to come to a resolution which resulted in better team building   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear back for two months for interview. Offshore recruitment process, communication could have been a bit better. Once in touch with branch manager all was great and quick. Two managers interviewed me. Lots of questions about past experiences that relate to banking.

Interview Questions

• All questions follow the STAR method. Situation Task Action Result.
      Tell me about a time where a company has made a change you did not agree with. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Had to do the general online tests before face to face interview with the branch manager and assistant branch manager. Interview was smooth, mainly about previous sales and customer service experience. Other than that was the general why do you want to work for ANZ/ in a bank, your career goal, etc. Set of questions to answer but mostly you just have to tell the truth and relate to past experience. The whole interview went for about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you manage your own KPIs and how do you feel working in a more competitive, sales driven environment.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fyshwick (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Fyshwick (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

online assessment, Received a call from Melbourne recruitment office for a phone interview.It took 15 mins to done the phone interview. Make sure you find a quite place and be prepared to given example for each question.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was an online test first then got a phone call from the HR asking about my experience and willingness about the position. Week after I got a call from the branch manager to have an face to face interview with her. Interview questions were about my previous work experience within the sales and target driven environment, some behavioural questions and my future goals in ANZ. The interview lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to quickly adjust your work priorities for the changing demand?   Answer Question