AO Graduate Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AO Graduate Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at AO

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The day begins with a tour of the office, followed by a 15min presentation on AO, including an introduction from one of the top performing Graduate Execs. After this, you have to give a brief presentation on who you are, 3 words your friends would describe you as being and finally 3 things that drive you. Following this you are split into 2 groups to carry out the group excercise. The excercise is fun and challenges your ability to work in a team, think on your feet and finally your ability to present. After the group task you are given 2mins to prepare a 30second timed individual presentation on when you have had to show resillience. After these tasks you find out whether you have been succesful on part 1 of the assessment centre. The second part is comprised of a role play, followed by a one-on-one interview. You are given time to prepare the role play. The interviewers arent expecting you to be amazing at the role play so its a bit more relaxed. One on one interview is comprised of a few basic questions about yourself and aspirations, as well as some situational and competence based questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AO

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AO (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by an assessment day split into two parts. At the start of the assessment day you are shown around the office and given a brief presentation about the company. The first part consists of seeing how well you work as a team and as an individual along with the ability to think of your feet. Each task is explained and you have plenty of time to prepare. If successful you go through to the second part where you complete some role play and have a face to face interview. Everything is arranged throughout the day and you're told clearly about the tasks and given guidance and time to prepare.

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AO (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, informative and genuine. The interview was very relaxed and allowed the interviewee to answer questions calmly and not feel stressed. The interviewers made the process comfortable and did made the process easy throughout

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AO (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I had my interview via Pareto and it was organised very well. The process allowed you to interact with other graduates and was overall a very fun process. There is 2 group interviews where you work together as a team. Then you are asked to give a short presentation about yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Was a really great experience. Learnt a lot about the job role and what is expected, also learnt a lot overall from other people in the group. The day starts with a tour of the offices and an introduction about the company and the role, it really gives you a thorough understanding. You then have 5 minutes to prepare a little presentation about yourself which was great to see what the other people in the group had done. After that you are split into groups and have about 20 minutes to do an activity and present it to the people who decide whether your through to the second part of the day or not. The second part is a 1 to 1 interview and was really relaxed and gave you chance to shine.

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Assessment day, split into 2 parts but we didn't follow the itinerary of day as it stated in the email. I was expecting a tour of the office, introduction to senior sales staff, a group task and an individual task, then it would be decided if we moved onto the 2nd stage of the day which was an interview and some call listening. We did the tour of the office , went to a meeting room and we were given an overview of the job role. Then we had to introduce ourselves to the group (there was around 18 people) state what degree we had, 3 words our friends would use to describe us, why you want a career in sales and what are your 3 main drivers. I figured this was just an introduction as this didn't really seem like an "individual task". The senior sales managers were brought in who sat at the back of the room and barely gave an introduction. We went round everybody with our introductions. Then split into groups of 6 and given 15 minutes to read 15 questions and choose 6 that were the best ones to ask to sell the product protection plan. We had to present this. We did this as a call flow, so what we would ask in order of the phone conversation. Throughtout this, the senior managers and the recruitment lady were given each other funny looks (pulling their faces as if to say what are you talkng about, is the best way I can describe this), looking out of the window, one was even on his phone. We finished our presentation and they gave very rude responses, like "what was the brief" and once we explained they said "you've not followed the brief then". Even if we as a group had taken this out of context, I personally thought they responded in a way that was unprofessional and our group discussed later that it was some kind of tactic to throw us off, as we thought their response was uncharacteristic from how they had been in the previous part of the day. I have honestly felt more comfortable in assessed university presentations then in there. I think that was the aim, to throw us off and make us feel uncomfortable, but it was just over done in my opinion and if that was a meeting I was presenting to my colleagues I would not expect them to react in that way. It was then after the group task that they decided who they were taking forward. I was expecting to do an individual task after that, since I thought an introduction wasn't really an individual task (or perhaps they ran out of time I'm not sure) They selected six people to go onto the second stage of the day. Overall, I just thought it was a bit of an odd assessment centre since you couldn't really get a feel for what every person was like just from an introduction and saying one question in the group task and why you chose it. They are clearly looking for something very specific and myself and a few others who I spoke to afterwards, couldn't seem to figure out what they were looking for either.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process was extensive but overall very fun. Introductions with the other candidates them a group exercise for the first stage and then a role play phone call and interview for the second.

Interview Questions

• What do I do in my spare time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online in Nov 2018 and got invited to an graduate evening in March and booked a phone interview. I was then invited to an assessment day and given an interview with a senior sales member. I was asked questions and then did a role play scenario which i was given 15 minutes to prepare for. I was then offered the job the day after.

Application

Interview

The staff involved in the process were enthusiastic, helpful and generally made an experience that otherwise should have been stressful seem fairly relaxing. A thorough process was undertaken over the course of an assessment day that provided some insight into the day to day working life of an employee within the organisation.

Interview Questions

• how have you dealt with periods of time in which you have faced adversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process was really detailed and gave myself a thorough understanding of the role and company which made myself even more desperate to work for AO. Everyone during the process was really polite and fun which made it is easier for myself to relax.

Interview Questions

• When have you showed reselience   1 Answer