AOL Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

In the beginning, the process was your standard protocol
1. Screening with hiring manager
2. Screen with 3 additional members (including hiring manager)
3. Onsite interview with 4 people

What was frustrating is the later stages after the in-person interview. There were some red flags with some questions I was being asked such as "Do you have any reason not to accept this offer?" "So, How much to you want to be paid" and some personal questions about my background irrelevant to my ability to do the job. Also, when I was meeting with members of the team, there seemed to be a lack of communication (also red flag), because they seemed a little puzzled on what questions to ask me and were not aware of whats steps I took/people I've talked to prior as I was asked stuff about the interview process.

In addition, I had to provide 3 references which were not a problem for me. What was annoying is that they came back to me every-time they were not able to get ahold of my references as if I had to streamline that process for them. In addition, I was asked to provide more specific references that far went above the initial request which was 3 including one supervisory. I ended up providing around 5, and other contacts that I didn't even have contact info for upon the recruiter's request

Finally, I ended up having another final call with the hiring manager to go over 'last-minute questions' where he ended up saying 'I sorta want to hire you, but have some concerns..." I thought this was a little weird and our convo was on another level. I was told directly to receive an update the next day as the decision would be made. I waited 2 full days - and nothing. I ended up having to email again to ask for an update, and was told the team would be moving forward with a hire done internally..

There were many unnecessary and frustrating points during the entire process - I am not disgruntled, just concerned for other applicants. Be ware.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AOL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through 3rd party website, got an e-mail in just a few hours, scheduled phone interview, right after the phone interview, scheduled in person interview with 3 different people.

The in-person interviews were very long. And while I was getting interviewed, the two interviewers seemed to really like me and their use of words seemed like I was going to get an offer, such as, "when can you start?", "you're really going to like it here, everyone is nice, very smart, and hardworking," etc. ; however, the last of the 3 in-person interview, the interviewer was very rude. She did not prepare to interview someone at all and had her lap top opened, doing her work, while talking to me. She would say things like, "uhh.. so what school did you go to?" "hmm... how'd you find this job and apply for it?" "hmm, uh.., yea whatever" It was a waste of my time and very unprofessional.

After my interview, I didn't hear back for 2-3 weeks. I emailed the HR Coordinator/Recruiter trying to confirm if the offer/no-offer notice was coming soon because I had gotten an offer from another company but I would've ideally chosen AOL. She said the hiring manager is on vacation and hasn't gotten back to her.. Another 2 weeks later, an offer came but I already obviously accepted another offer...

I think that was rude and inconsiderate of a candidate's time... No matter if the candidate got the job or not, or whatever, they should treat them with respect and standard business manners.

Interview Questions

• Name your 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • What would you like to do more of and less of if you got this job.   Answer Question
    • How does your past experience give you an advantage if you were to get this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

i only had one interview - I am trying to switch industries (from finance to online media). The interviewer seemed to believe that I needed tech experience to do this job well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the analogies between financial trading and the Adtech space right now   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone screen followed up by in person interview. I was supposed to interview with four people, starting with a peer and then finishing with the most senior. Instead, I interviewed with the most senior person first. It went well, but be prepared for questions designed to trip you up if you haven't done your HW (who is AOL's CEO?). Pretty easy, but also be prepared to answer questions seemingly unrelated to the role (why did you decide to go to the college you went to?).

After that, I was supposed to meet with this other guy who was on the phone. He was obviously not interested in our appointment, because his call went well into our scheduled time. After five minutes of them fumbling around trying to figure out what I should do next, I was put in an office and given a number to call to conduct a phone interview with someone who was working at home that day. Pretty standard. The most annoying part was that the guy I was supposed to be meeting with basically barged in while I was on the phone, and forced me to interrupt the call just to let him know I who I was speaking to. It was totally obnoxious.

After the phone call, oddly enough, I was told that the other people I was supposed to talk to were busy. Including the guy who interrupted me. What a coincidence! I saw him on the way out and he didn't even say hello or sorry or acknowledge me. Pretty rude.

I didn't even get a follow-up message. I emailed the recruiter a week later and she said the role had been filled. Gee, thanks for the update :)

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Process took around 4 weeks from application to final response. First interview was a standard phone interview. Second interview involved attention to detail test along with a standard interview accessing skills. Third interview was with a member of the culture team along with more standard interviews. All in all about 4 hours of face to face interviews and 20min phone interview.

Culture and fit is a big part of the process.