AOL Interview Questions in Dublin, Ireland | Glassdoor

3.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

It is very long and detailed interview.
    First a phone call with HR department, then online coding test, then interview in person.
    Interview in person is very long (about 5 hours) and consists of:
    - online coding test (again)
    - 4-5 different interview sections with different groups of people - cultural fit, technical interview and a couple more to see if you fit in the company mindset.

Two online coding tests and technical interview are simply too much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

- Online test
    - Phone call
    - 1:1 online interview with an engineer

then the engineer said you did really well and they will invite you for the next round. Got an email after a day from HR team explaining you did very well and we are impressed but we are going to hold the process of hiring at the moment and it might take a few months to be able to do this again.

Doesn't makes sense to me and this was the first time I had this experience.

Interview Questions

• - What is Singleton?
      - What is DFS? LinkedList
      - basic stuff...   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Excellent process altogether, asked questions relevant to the position, tools and skills you have, past experience, problem solving etc. Coding questions were included in the in-person interview, as well as you had to complete a three part online challenge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

it was about 50 minutes technical interview and maybe 15 minutes team fit interview. Team fit - usual personal questions like your achievements e.t.c.
    Technical - lots of questions about project that was done in college, describe structure, draw diagrams. Basic data structures ArrayList vs LinkedList. What is a bit? What is CSS, how to use CSS.

Accept different company offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I did online coding test , about the technology you and they are using then passed then got an face to face interview with IT team and HR team, but didnt get the job,

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

1st Round: Basic interview over the phone
    2nd Round: Detailed cultural ambassador interview, Detailed Hiring Manager interview
    The interview was quick and precise, no beating around bushes or wasting time.
    The only problem was AOL took over 6 weeks after interview to come back with a rejection. Not sure if it is good to makethe candidates wait for so long if in the end the answer is no.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Questions, Technical questions on VAT, Prepayments and Accruals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted CV through a job search website, got contacted by a very polite HR representative, talked briefly, like 10 mins and they assigned me a time based programming challenge.
    Initial challenge was pretty easy, you can choose your favourite language, I believe its purpose is to weed out programmers with zero or very little experience.
    Then I was assigned a take home exercise consisting of 2 intermediate problems in C++. They contacted me a few days later and asked to go through a screening with one of their engineers.
    The engineer interview was pretty tough, loaded with C++ gotchas, but the interviewer was very polite and helpful.
    One week later, HR contacts me and tells me the C++ role I was pursuing had been closed and they would update me once it went live again.
    I had to withdraw my application because the process took too long and I accepted an external offer in the meantime.
    All the interviews were very relaxed, and people were very friendly and polite.
    The entire process was very nice overall.

Interview Questions

• Explain what the inline keyword means in C++   Answer Question
    • How do you achieve polymorphism in C++?   Answer Question
    • How do you return a local scoped variable from within a method/function to an external scope in C++?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

So, I undertook a technical examination on campus. Consisted with a few programming questions and a few SQL questions. After that I was called in for an interview on site. Started off with a few questions from my CV, the focused on team projects. Then they asked me a few technical questions which I had to answer verbally. Overall not a bad interview experience. What I will say is the interviewers hardly made eye contact, they asked a question and then jotted down on their notes as you were answering. It's a tad unnerving.

Interview Questions

• Taking Big O into consideration which is better to use a Linked List or an Array?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through the university. All students received a link via email to take an online test. 2 hour online coding exam. The selected few were then scheduled for an onsite interview. The technical interview was 30-40 minutes long and consisted of over 30 open questions from majority of fields related: coding practice, html, css, javascript, databases. The next step, if the technical interview passed, was a cultural interview with one of AOL Cultural Ambassadors. Structured interview with 4 open questions that require a STAR type of answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone and what did you learn for it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through email. Then i got two Java questions/problems. Question 1 was on using Stack data structure to identify a pattern of special characters. Question 2 was on identifying palindrome and some manipulations like adding a number and its reverse and check if it is palindrome or not. Questions could be done in 1.5-2 hours for beginners. Although there was no time limit on it. I was given 6 days to complete the task.I submitted source code online then I was called for telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Abstract, Interface,Singleton,Pattern(some types which I didn't get), Modelling, Searching in Unix. Questions about Java logs, deadlock, Unit testing types, checked/unchecked exceptions. Database questions such as normalisation, Referential integrity, foreign key, Joins. Some questions on Web Services which i had no idea. Questions on time complexities eg. Array,Linkedlist, their sorting and searching complexities.   Answer Question