AOL Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and well managed.I applied on their site and got a call after almost a month.There were two rounds, the first was a phone screen with the recruiter and the second was a 1:1 with the manager of the team.

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on my resume and my previous experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AOL

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews with 2 individuals - a hiring recruiter and the position's supervisor. All were fairly low-stress. The interviews took place over a 3 day span, and by the 5th day, I was made an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

The college recruitment team was fantastic. They were very personable and kept me up to date on everything that was going on. I was originally bought in to interview for one position which I didn't get. However, after a couple of months, I was called up and asked to if I wanted to come back in for a different position involving software analysis and user-end communication. I obliged. Was bought in for one interview, where I interviewed with a few team members and a few days later was told that I had the job. They were very fast in all communications and helpful to me.

Interview Questions

• There were no really technical questions, mostly personable questions, and experience questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted 2 days after applying for a phone screening. It was more of a phone interview than screening. It then took over 3 weeks to hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• What type of social media tactics would you employ to get more followers/users?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone screen and 1 in person interview with hiring manager. Interviews were super easy to schedule and office is accessible.

Very relaxed environment and process

Recruiter was very helpful - ask for help!

Also don't overdress - very relaxed office

Good understanding of editorial / business team dynamics Will help you understand the lay of the land

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR, and then had two interviews from two different editors in person. There was nothing difficult about it. They were pretty clear about the job description. One of the editors was not very friendly but that's just how she was as a person. It was fairly casual, nothing to worry about too much.

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied through University. Got a call from HR who asked initial questions about experiences with systems and websites. Then HR called again and scheduled an phone interview with the hiring manager and a skype interview with three other members from the team.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would negotiate with business team to reduce workload on your tech team?   1 Answer
    • Explain how you have used html or any other programming language before?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with director first. Then onsite interview with the team 1 week after that. Then HR calling for pay rate in 2 days. done.

Interview Questions

• What is advantages and disadvantages of a PID controller? (the intern position was for data analysis and my background was in control).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have an instruction. For internship the negotiation wont go to much or even any change to the original offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I did online coding test , about the technology you and they are using then passed then got an face to face interview with IT team and HR team, but didnt get the job,

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AOL (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was arranged through our university and AOL brought in 30 students for interview yet only hired 2 people. We had a written test with stuff as easy as fizz buzz, basic syntax tests, basic SQL and HTML stuff. After the technical test, I had an interview with HR about my experience in teams and volunteering. I then had a technical interview where they had my test that I had done earlier. The interviewers were really friendly.