AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via e-mail asking for my availability, once I replied back, she never followed back up with me, so I sent her another e-mail and she randomly called me on a day that I was traveling so we had to schedule for a different day. She called and we talked roughly for about 6 minutes before she told me I wasn't a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• How many recruiters do you support in your current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Talked with CTO and senior product manager about previous experience. No tech questions. They talked a lot about how interns works at AOL area 51, what they offer to interns and what they expect from interns.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very unprofessional. I prepared for my interview a long time after an initial phone screen. I sat by the phone waiting for a call from the hiring manager. When no one called, I messaged the recruiting coordinator, and she said the position had been canceled last week. No one bothered to mention it to me. I would have appreciated just a simple email.

Interview Questions

• no question was asked because position was canceled without my knowledge.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round was phone call to get basic details about the candidate.
    2nd round was 30 min technical phone interview with 1 team member
    3rd round was 1 hr technical hangout call with the manager and his team

Interview Questions

• DHCP, ARP, IPv6, VPN setup, BGP, DDoS types, troubleshooting questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The First round was behavioral talking to the manager over the phone and discussing your previous project and work experience. It lasted for 30 minutes. The second round was an online coding test via Hackerrank.

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First went through a phone screen with a recruiter. Then met with 3 interviewers, including the hiring manager, and my peers, and one cultural ambassador to assess the cultural fit to AOL. 30mins-45mins for each meeting. Pretty lengthy assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received constructive criticism and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Associate- Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

I submitted my resume through LinkedIn. The director contacted me and had a weird foggy discussion about the position. I went to the interview because a couple of friends persuaded me to do
    so.
    I met with 4 people in total, the first 3 were delightful to talk to the last person was of course the obnoxious director. He asked me to wait for over 40 min because he got stuck in a meeting. Afterwards he's walking around the office like an idiot. Then when we finally get to talk it was a total of 5 min. Who does that ? Complete waste of time. No wonder they got acquired

Interview Questions

• Past experiences
      Job relation
      Why AOL?
      1 Answer

NOC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

They told me I had an interview. They went into great detail about how it would go, who I would meet, what I should brush up on. I looked forward to the interview. The day before the interview, they told me that they had to cancel the interview, that a project had run late and they couldnt see me. That was fine, I was very understanding.

They never rescheduled the interview. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There never was an interview. They unprofessionally canceled   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

They're using an agency to recruit for this role. The crazy thing is the the page I applied to online looked exactly as if I was applying directly through the company career page. I only found out it was an agency when I was contacted for an interview. You have to have phone interviews w/ 2 people at the agency (Recruiter and Account Mgr) before it's even decided whether or not you will actually speak with the someone at AOL. On top of that the Recruiter had to reschedule me with the Account Mgr several times because she was never available. For a company of its size and brand recognition you would think they would want to keep recruitment for HR roles in-house, since only they know the culture and team. Or have a better grasp on the practices of their recruitment partners. As a recruiter myself the initial process seems tedious to me.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was rigorous, yet pleasant. I was interviewed first by the SVP of the department, then by the Technical Director, both by phone. After that, I was invited for an on-site, in-person interview with everyone from SVP down to my future team. Everybody was incredibly warm, welcoming, open and honest. Aside from the obligatory questions about experience and culture fit, expectations were made clear in a friendly, "These are the deliverables that we are hoping to receive from your position."

All-in-all, the interview process was outstanding. I had a great time, and was glad to be accepted onto the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe ideal _____ hierarchy to include:
      ∙Pieces/Parts/Roles
      ∙How to fit together (within the Department)
      ∙External Dependencies