AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

NOC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

They told me I had an interview. They went into great detail about how it would go, who I would meet, what I should brush up on. I looked forward to the interview. The day before the interview, they told me that they had to cancel the interview, that a project had run late and they couldnt see me. That was fine, I was very understanding.

They never rescheduled the interview. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There never was an interview. They unprofessionally canceled   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

They're using an agency to recruit for this role. The crazy thing is the the page I applied to online looked exactly as if I was applying directly through the company career page. I only found out it was an agency when I was contacted for an interview. You have to have phone interviews w/ 2 people at the agency (Recruiter and Account Mgr) before it's even decided whether or not you will actually speak with the someone at AOL. On top of that the Recruiter had to reschedule me with the Account Mgr several times because she was never available. For a company of its size and brand recognition you would think they would want to keep recruitment for HR roles in-house, since only they know the culture and team. Or have a better grasp on the practices of their recruitment partners. As a recruiter myself the initial process seems tedious to me.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was rigorous, yet pleasant. I was interviewed first by the SVP of the department, then by the Technical Director, both by phone. After that, I was invited for an on-site, in-person interview with everyone from SVP down to my future team. Everybody was incredibly warm, welcoming, open and honest. Aside from the obligatory questions about experience and culture fit, expectations were made clear in a friendly, "These are the deliverables that we are hoping to receive from your position."

All-in-all, the interview process was outstanding. I had a great time, and was glad to be accepted onto the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe ideal _____ hierarchy to include:
      ∙Pieces/Parts/Roles
      ∙How to fit together (within the Department)
      ∙External Dependencies
      ∙Relationships
      ∙Escalation Paths
      ∙Inputs
      ∙Expected Outputs
      ∙Senior Relationships   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Phone interview with HR- who forgot to call me, rescheduled and then forgot to call me again. I already didn't have a good feeling but then I got asked for an in person interview and I went anyway. It was 3 hours long and seemed very painful and repetitive. This is advertising not rocket science but they had 5 separate people interview me (4 of which were video conferences) and they each had long case studies for me. I got most of them but it just seemed like a bit too much.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Was hired first as a contract to hire for 6 months before becoming a full time employee, so the interview questions are probably a lot easier compared to a candidate interviewing for a full time position.

1. Contracting company recruiter talk
    2. Phone screen from AOL
    3. Onsite interview, 3 rounds

Interview Questions

• Relatively simple and easy questions.

Phone interview:
      1. Given a positive integer n, implement a function that returns the nth number in the fibonacci sequence

Onsite interview:
      1. First the interviewer asked me how to implement a function that checks if a sudoku table is valid or not, but since I worked on this question the night before, he gave me a different one. Given an array of integers, where each integer represents the color of the ball, how can you sort the array so that, red balls are first, then blue ball, then green balls.

2. Cant remember the exact question but it was a recursive solution. Basically you are given a JSON object and you basically want to recurse through each property and print value depending on the value of the property.

3. I cant remember this exactly but it was copying some array in C.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Was emailed about 2 weeks after submitting application by recruiter to set up interview. Scheduled interview within a couple of days. Had 3 separate interviews on site. Took about 1.5-2 hours.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled a time and rescheduled again . He did not even call on time and started asking questions related to former employer(3 projects before) details. When I am uncomfortable giving more than needed details in first call and said I will provide based on need then he was very rude and disconnected saying we can talk when you are ready. I have still provided him details in few minutes through email but no response. Ridiculous.Please believe in people who applies to your company and try to make an introduction call initially instead of asking for more details, pay rates and all when the other person is uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Just employer details for all projects and nothing related to my experience or work   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and recruiter contacted after two days. Then phone screen was done with hiring manager which went for up to 45 minutes. Then recruiter scheduled for a face-to-face at onsite for about 3-4 hours. First round was for technical, second also technical, third design & managerial and final behavioral. Everything went smoothly and interviewers were very kind, nice. All went good but did not get feedback for why not offered.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

My recruiter was helpful. She responded quickly and gave me interview tips. I was not offered the position but she helped me find other positions at the company. I went through 2 phone interviews. The first was a general overview about the company and culture. The second was a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked about projects I was working on and covered everything on my resume.   Answer Question

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen from a recruiter that took just a few minutes asking very general questions about work eligibility and preferences. Then one behavioral phone interview that lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mainly walked through my resume and asked me about my group experiences, experiences with certain technologies, general strengths and weaknesses. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question