AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers and an Accounting Director. I discussed my experience and background with them and how it related to the position available. The managers and accounting director provided great detail of information about the role and the team. They were also very detailed in answering my questions about the recent company changes.

Interview Questions

• Provided a scenario and asked, "How would you record an accrual and/or a prepaid transactions?"   Answer Question
    • What is your skill level working with Excel?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin, Got reply two days later, set up a phone interview. the phone interview was very straightforward, asked me what types of softwares i used and my programming experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career website of Aol. Got a phone interview. The recruiter didn't really ask much. Just what kind of role I am interested in and a couple of questions about my background. Never heard back from them. I've been emailing the HR thrice every week and no response.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background
      Whatkind of a role are you looking for
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I got phone interview firstly then the in person interview on the same week.Five people interviewed me either from video or face to face. I do not think they were difficult but I sill did not get the offer.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, yet long. I ended up talking to four people total, all from different departments and levels. It began with an HR rep; straight-forward questions about my interest and strengths. Then she was followed by an associate on the account that discussed more of the day-to-day worklife, where we talk further about my work ethic and experience with responsibilities within the role. The Last two were actual Account Managers who led me into more situation questions and quizzed me on what I knew was going on within the business. Personally, I brought up interviews from the SVP and CEO that I tied to align with the companies year focus and how I would like to bring that to the team.

As inquisitive as they were, everyone was more than nice and easy to talk to. They were well structure and I felt I knew the kind of questions that were going to follow each other. No one threw curve-balls or made me feel uncomfortable.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

In the beginning, the process was your standard protocol
    1. Screening with hiring manager
    2. Screen with 3 additional members (including hiring manager)
    3. Onsite interview with 4 people

What was frustrating is the later stages after the in-person interview. There were some red flags with some questions I was being asked such as "Do you have any reason not to accept this offer?" "So, How much to you want to be paid" and some personal questions about my background irrelevant to my ability to do the job. Also, when I was meeting with members of the team, there seemed to be a lack of communication (also red flag), because they seemed a little puzzled on what questions to ask me and were not aware of whats steps I took/people I've talked to prior as I was asked stuff about the interview process.

In addition, I had to provide 3 references which were not a problem for me. What was annoying is that they came back to me every-time they were not able to get ahold of my references as if I had to streamline that process for them. In addition, I was asked to provide more specific references that far went above the initial request which was 3 including one supervisory. I ended up providing around 5, and other contacts that I didn't even have contact info for upon the recruiter's request

Finally, I ended up having another final call with the hiring manager to go over 'last-minute questions' where he ended up saying 'I sorta want to hire you, but have some concerns..." I thought this was a little weird and our convo was on another level. I was told directly to receive an update the next day as the decision would be made. I waited 2 full days - and nothing. I ended up having to email again to ask for an update, and was told the team would be moving forward with a hire done internally..

There were many unnecessary and frustrating points during the entire process - I am not disgruntled, just concerned for other applicants. Be ware.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

I saw the job opportunity posted on a job board online and I e-mailed the poster my resume. Within a few days I received an e-mail from the hiring manager to set up an initial phone screen. The hiring manager was extremely nice and professional and gave me a lot of information about the role and the team. The following week I went into the NYC office to meet 3 members of the team, about 30 minute interview each. The last person I met with even gave me a quick tour of the awesome Astor Place office! A week after I went into the NYC office for a second time to interview with and meet the hiring manager in person (as she had been traveling during my first visit) and was offered the position in person. Overall an extremely seamless and pleasant experience!

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflicting priorities? Tell me about a time you had to collaborate with different teams. Tell me about a time you used data to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Multi-faceted and thorough. It was a good chance to check-out the office, meet people with whom I'd be working, learn more about the role, and get a sense of the company culture. The interview process was a bit long, as I met with a number of different people (10+) throughout the various phases.

Interview Questions

• To whiteboard a potential solution process for one of their internal challenges.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very staright forward. I applied for the opportunity on linkedin, I got a response from the recruiter in 2 days, After that I had a phone interview with one of the QA Managers , This interview is mostly about your past experience. After that I was called onsite for Face to face interview.
    There is one written exam with basic questions on Java, SQL , testing, Web services and automation. After that 3 interviews with QA manager and QA engineers

Overall process is very smooth, Office is very nice and every one i interacted with was very professional and nice.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

After a screening call with the recruiter and one of the senior members int he team I was invited for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and member of the team.

Interview Questions

• We got past what I did and then walked through some of the details of a problem the team was working on. An entity matching problem with many attributes.   1 Answer