AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Multi-faceted and thorough. It was a good chance to check-out the office, meet people with whom I'd be working, learn more about the role, and get a sense of the company culture. The interview process was a bit long, as I met with a number of different people (10+) throughout the various phases.

Interview Questions

• To whiteboard a potential solution process for one of their internal challenges.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very staright forward. I applied for the opportunity on linkedin, I got a response from the recruiter in 2 days, After that I had a phone interview with one of the QA Managers , This interview is mostly about your past experience. After that I was called onsite for Face to face interview.
    There is one written exam with basic questions on Java, SQL , testing, Web services and automation. After that 3 interviews with QA manager and QA engineers

Overall process is very smooth, Office is very nice and every one i interacted with was very professional and nice.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

After a screening call with the recruiter and one of the senior members int he team I was invited for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and member of the team.

Interview Questions

• We got past what I did and then walked through some of the details of a problem the team was working on. An entity matching problem with many attributes.   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Now, AOL is a great company-I'll start by saying that. They are really trying to create their presence in both the media and tech spaces. They are obsessed with their 'culture' and adding people in that fit said culture. The office is gorgeous and the staff seems to be composed of young and interesting. Now that the niceties are out of the way...

There are three rounds: a phone screening, another phone screening and then a super-day (and maybe more after that, didn't get further in the process). Throughout the process, I read up on how scattered the process could be but I figured maybe it would be different for me? On the day of my super-day I was scheduled for a combo of both phone interviews and in person ones at their HQ. Out of the total of 6 I was scheduled for, I only did 2. After all of the preparation on my end, it turns out the Sr. Manager I was scheduled to talk to needed to reschedule twice that morning due to 'traffic' and then while on sight my second interview was cut short due to an internal emergency. I mean, mid sentence my interviewer was called outside, had a tensed conversation and then came in and rushed me out. During the chaos she said she would reschedule the remaining four interviews but a week later I found out that they were 'going in a different direction'. Why make me go through all of this preparation and multiple interviews only to cancel more than half of them the day of?

The entire process left me confused. There is minimal contact from their end on the status of your application to begin with and they are truly a mess when it comes to scheduling interviews.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter reached out to me via email to setup a phone interview. This was then followed by an in-person interview on site with 3 members of the Account Management team. I also was showed around in the office and was able to speak to some other AOL employees to get a better feel for the Company culture.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager with technical questions followed by interesting assignment of building small trading system. Code have been assessed and the panel, in-person interview followed. ~week for offer approval and final phone screen with cultural ambassador. ~2 weeks later offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, http, java, scala, architectural, culture, behavioral etc   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was given a summary of the position via email then I met for a group interview about a week later. I was hired the same day but started a week later.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with recruiter, then had screener with hiring manager. Brought on site twice to meet with various team members. Took a week to get offer sorted out with HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a mobile transportation app? General product management questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through 3rd party website, got an e-mail in just a few hours, scheduled phone interview, right after the phone interview, scheduled in person interview with 3 different people.

The in-person interviews were very long. And while I was getting interviewed, the two interviewers seemed to really like me and their use of words seemed like I was going to get an offer, such as, "when can you start?", "you're really going to like it here, everyone is nice, very smart, and hardworking," etc. ; however, the last of the 3 in-person interview, the interviewer was very rude. She did not prepare to interview someone at all and had her lap top opened, doing her work, while talking to me. She would say things like, "uhh.. so what school did you go to?" "hmm... how'd you find this job and apply for it?" "hmm, uh.., yea whatever" It was a waste of my time and very unprofessional.

After my interview, I didn't hear back for 2-3 weeks. I emailed the HR Coordinator/Recruiter trying to confirm if the offer/no-offer notice was coming soon because I had gotten an offer from another company but I would've ideally chosen AOL. She said the hiring manager is on vacation and hasn't gotten back to her.. Another 2 weeks later, an offer came but I already obviously accepted another offer...

I think that was rude and inconsiderate of a candidate's time... No matter if the candidate got the job or not, or whatever, they should treat them with respect and standard business manners.

Interview Questions

• Name your 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • What would you like to do more of and less of if you got this job.   Answer Question
    • How does your past experience give you an advantage if you were to get this job   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First with department leads, then regional leads, then hiring manager. Most people were professional. Questions were appropriate for the job. A little confusion amongst hiring manager. Of course, all people I interviewed with were fired within 6 months of interview.