AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AOL (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and immediately got a phone call from the recruiter. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager and then got a call for on-site interview. I had five rounds where the first one hour was a written test. Then back to back one hour interviews with different people from different teams. Everyone were really friendly and asked a lot of questions about internship experience. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had faced any situation where I had to confront my supervisor and correct him.   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in and met with 4 people from various teams. Everyone was very pleasant and interested in my background. Heard back within a reasonable period following the interview. Overall had a good experience with team members as well as the HR team

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward about background. Did have to explain resume in detail and thought process behind projects   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Interview

Focused on results and practical application of knowledge. They want specific examples of success, so come prepared. Pretty well organized process. Human resources team is very friendly. Quick follow up. Good overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation, and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Senior Sales Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It went smoothly. First had a screening call with the recruiter, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. And then two separate in-person interviews to meet three people (could have been one, but person was on vacation)

Interview Questions

• Typical questions to learn about my background, and about my thoughts on the industry and ad product I'd be representing. No "tricky" questions.   Answer Question

Account Assistant Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn, then had an initial phone screening. Then I came into the office for a interview. The interview consisted of four 30-minute interviews with four Account Managers. Two hours total. Pretty straightforward and the Interviewers were nice. I gor an offer the next week. Whole process took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to juggle multiple projects at once   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

The longest interview process ever! 2 months and 13 rounds of interviews (yes, thirteen!). The position was for a sub-company under AOL and most of the rounds were technical. 8 rounds of onsite interviews (in a single day) and 5 rounds of phone and skype in total. The best part of the interview was not even a single interviewer was intimidating or strict. It was all casual and the work place was super cool.

Interview Questions

• Common HR questions and technical questions were on specific technologies required for the position   Answer Question

Assistant Account Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people-- all asked a lot of questions and seemed interested. What made this process disappointing was the fact they ignore your emails if you didn't get it-- at least let the candidate know rather than ignore. Seemed very unprofessional to me

Interview Questions

• Basic questions-- why would you be a good candidate, questions about experience, etc..   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AOL in June 2015.

Interview

Unbelievably poor. I was set up for video conference with a hiring manager and he was 10 minutes late and we only had 30 mins. The video quality and the audio was terribly distorted I had to have the hiring manager repeat the question several times. Then the coordinator came in after 20 mins and said that I had to leave the room. The interview was over. Then came the CTO another room, with another video system that worked improperly. The whole experience was terrible. I was left in the room and know one came to get me I escorted myself out. I would not want to work for AOL and I would say it would very difficult to find other employees for them.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

5 30-minute interviews.

The interviewers were very interested in my past community service experience, and it seemed AOL was very focused on their CSR, such as their Monster Help Day. Focus of ad sales to upsell their clients and understand the large network of platforms AOL has.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of involvement in the community (eg. community service organizations, other charitable organizations)   Answer Question

Confidential Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with one of their subsidiaries. Met with several staff in a series of one-on-one meetings in conference rooms at their offices.

They were respectful and friendly during the interview process. They didn't ask any "gotcha" questions -- the whole experience was quite positive, and well orchestrated.

Even though I didn't ultimately get the position, I was impressed with how the interview process went.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem not doing everything yourself -- ie, having someone else do a role you'd done yourself at a previous job?   Answer Question

See What AOL Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “It is said often about the people at AOL that they are the biggest reason to stay and the hardest part about leaving. Overall, these people are damn nice and hard working, smart and...”“It is said often about the people at AOL that they are the biggest reason to stay and the hardest part about leaving. Overall, these people are damn nice and hard working, smart and committed, sincere and generous. In interviews, I always lead with the culture. AOL invests in creating a culture that empowers everyone because the challenges demand it. Relevance. This industry is tripping over itself with each new disruption coming to market. The disruption is chaos to some, but opportunity to the ambitious ones. AOL and Verizon are pushing hard – working here is an opportunity to learn and solve the biggest and hardest challenges. Working at this level keeps you relevant to the marketplace. And it's rewarding, even fun sometimes.” – Full Review