AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

phone screening followed by in person interview which was about 3 hours of technical interview and one hour of cultural interview. Interview process was fast and questions were very easy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager with technical questions followed by interesting assignment of building small trading system. Code have been assessed and the panel, in-person interview followed. ~week for offer approval and final phone screen with cultural ambassador. ~2 weeks later offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, http, java, scala, architectural, culture, behavioral etc   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was given a summary of the position via email then I met for a group interview about a week later. I was hired the same day but started a week later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews with 2 individuals - a hiring recruiter and the position's supervisor. All were fairly low-stress. The interviews took place over a 3 day span, and by the 5th day, I was made an offer.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with recruiter, then had screener with hiring manager. Brought on site twice to meet with various team members. Took a week to get offer sorted out with HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a mobile transportation app? General product management questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through 3rd party website, got an e-mail in just a few hours, scheduled phone interview, right after the phone interview, scheduled in person interview with 3 different people.

The in-person interviews were very long. And while I was getting interviewed, the two interviewers seemed to really like me and their use of words seemed like I was going to get an offer, such as, "when can you start?", "you're really going to like it here, everyone is nice, very smart, and hardworking," etc. ; however, the last of the 3 in-person interview, the interviewer was very rude. She did not prepare to interview someone at all and had her lap top opened, doing her work, while talking to me. She would say things like, "uhh.. so what school did you go to?" "hmm... how'd you find this job and apply for it?" "hmm, uh.., yea whatever" It was a waste of my time and very unprofessional.

After my interview, I didn't hear back for 2-3 weeks. I emailed the HR Coordinator/Recruiter trying to confirm if the offer/no-offer notice was coming soon because I had gotten an offer from another company but I would've ideally chosen AOL. She said the hiring manager is on vacation and hasn't gotten back to her.. Another 2 weeks later, an offer came but I already obviously accepted another offer...

I think that was rude and inconsiderate of a candidate's time... No matter if the candidate got the job or not, or whatever, they should treat them with respect and standard business manners.

Interview Questions

• Name your 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • What would you like to do more of and less of if you got this job.   Answer Question
    • How does your past experience give you an advantage if you were to get this job   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First with department leads, then regional leads, then hiring manager. Most people were professional. Questions were appropriate for the job. A little confusion amongst hiring manager. Of course, all people I interviewed with were fired within 6 months of interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

There were 6 rounds. The first was a lunch and informal chat with the manager followed by a round where I was questioned about manual testing, CI/CD and automation testing. The next round was an algorithms round with three simple problems. Then I had an iOS interview with some basic questions followed by a conversation with a cultural ambassador. The final round was a hands on coding round where I was asked to build a simple app in 60 minutes.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AOL (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and immediately got a phone call from the recruiter. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager and then got a call for on-site interview. I had five rounds where the first one hour was a written test. Then back to back one hour interviews with different people from different teams. Everyone were really friendly and asked a lot of questions about internship experience. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had faced any situation where I had to confront my supervisor and correct him.   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in and met with 4 people from various teams. Everyone was very pleasant and interested in my background. Heard back within a reasonable period following the interview. Overall had a good experience with team members as well as the HR team

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward about background. Did have to explain resume in detail and thought process behind projects   Answer Question