AOL Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks. Two phone conversations, in-person interview with a total of 10 people but in different situations - 1:1, 1:3, 1:4. Overall a good process and a great way to get to know who you will be working with on your team.

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary interview questions. Lots of questions about experience. They really took the time to get to know me and the work that I had done in the past.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AOL

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Interviewed for a Marketing Manager position. Process took 11 weeks, speaking with over 10 different people throughout. Was told after 5th interview that it was the final round, and then 5 additional people were added on over the course of another 5 weeks. Extreme lack of transparency through entire process.

Interview Questions

• The final interview is with a "cultural ambassador" who asks questions to ensure that your values align with AOL's mission and values. Completely unnecessary....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I was recruited through my school's job board. They were actually very friendly and sent me an e-mail asking me to interview with them and I gladly accepted.

There was three interview stages, and they ran for a total of about 1.5 hours. Many of the questions were behavioural, and they wasn't anything too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• The cultural ambassador wants to assess your attitudes about dyanamic work environments... asks many behavioural questions that must be tied back to AOL's values   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

First, there is the phone interview to filter through the real candidates.

Then, you will have to come in for an in-person interview that will typically take 2 - 3 hours. The talent acquisition team has a comprehensive interview process the focuses on behavioral questioning. You need to be consistent with your answers with every interviewer you have. There is an entire booklet of questions that hiring managers can choose from to have his or her team ask you.

The cultural ambassador interview is probably the most unpredictable. You will be presented with scenarios and your response will be judged on how well they align with AOL's values. SO, LEARN AOL's values (www.corp.aol.com) prior to your interview. The cultural ambassador actually gives you a grade and it can affect your compensation. They take this stuff seriously.

Interview Questions

• How have you exhibited AOL's values in your previous position(s)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation. So be prepared to play hard ball.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a marketing manager role at Reston. Initial phone interview with corporate recruiter followed by second phone interview with hiring manager the following week. A few days later was invited in for a morning of 5 interviews and a tour of the AOL campus at Dulles with various team members. Interview style was relaxed, most questions were based on the resume/my experience. AOL is very focussed on ensuring a good corporate fit rather than just looking to see if you have the required skills. They expected me to ask quite a lot of questions. Final interview was with a cultural ambassador which was the most structured part of the process - a list of specific behavioural questions to gauge your attitudes and cultural fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions with cultural ambassador   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Was called by a (contract) recruiter who asked me a few questions to determine fit at AOL. Then went into meet with the Director. The interview went THREE hours.

Later, I met with 3 other people (including group VP). Never received a call-back in regards to the position. It's been over a month and I'm not happy with how I was never notified, even if it was "no."