AOL Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

3.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AOL (Mountain View, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

The R&D office in MW is a great place to work in. Everyone I interacted with was very approachable, nice and ready to help.
    My interview was for an internship position, and happened on the phone. The questions tested my knowledge in feedback control theory, so I was asked to describe Kalman filters, optimal control methods and minimum phase systems.

Interview Questions

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Mountain View, CA) in July 2007.

Interview

The phone interview with HR went very well. The person was polite, professional, and asked the right questions. I then had another phone interview with the hiring manager. That interviewer was professional and respectful and asked questions relevant to the position. But when I went for an in-person interview, which consisted of 4 sequential interviews, each interviewer was worse than the last. The 4th was an engineer who seemed intent on treating me in a way which was both degrading and insulting. I was put off with myself for even staying through this disrespectful process. I was asked questions completely outside the realm of the position for which I was interviewing. HR was aware that the candidates were being mistreated, but seemed unable to put a stop to it.

Interview Questions

• How would I go about mentoring a junior engineer and what would I look for when hiring a junior engineer.   1 Answer
    • A whiteboard exercise   1 Answer