AOL Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone call, then online interview. It was not difficult. It was the standard questions asked in an interview. Recommend doing research about the different aspects of the company to prep for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role? What makes you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was organized well. The hiring associate was professional. They have you complete a project on your own time if you are selected to move further into the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work project that you are proud of.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

They're using an agency to recruit for this role. The crazy thing is the the page I applied to online looked exactly as if I was applying directly through the company career page. I only found out it was an agency when I was contacted for an interview. You have to have phone interviews w/ 2 people at the agency (Recruiter and Account Mgr) before it's even decided whether or not you will actually speak with the someone at AOL. On top of that the Recruiter had to reschedule me with the Account Mgr several times because she was never available. For a company of its size and brand recognition you would think they would want to keep recruitment for HR roles in-house, since only they know the culture and team. Or have a better grasp on the practices of their recruitment partners. As a recruiter myself the initial process seems tedious to me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and recruiter contacted after two days. Then phone screen was done with hiring manager which went for up to 45 minutes. Then recruiter scheduled for a face-to-face at onsite for about 3-4 hours. First round was for technical, second also technical, third design & managerial and final behavioral. Everything went smoothly and interviewers were very kind, nice. All went good but did not get feedback for why not offered.

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen from a recruiter that took just a few minutes asking very general questions about work eligibility and preferences. Then one behavioral phone interview that lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mainly walked through my resume and asked me about my group experiences, experiences with certain technologies, general strengths and weaknesses. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy technical question and lots of behavioral questions. Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, phone interview with VP, in person interview with manager and team. People in the team are extremely nice, and they really cared about how I would fit with the team and company culture. I really like the team but i have to decline offer because of some personal reason.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin, Got reply two days later, set up a phone interview. the phone interview was very straightforward, asked me what types of softwares i used and my programming experience.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

After a screening call with the recruiter and one of the senior members int he team I was invited for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and member of the team.

Interview Questions

• We got past what I did and then walked through some of the details of a problem the team was working on. An entity matching problem with many attributes.   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

Now, AOL is a great company-I'll start by saying that. They are really trying to create their presence in both the media and tech spaces. They are obsessed with their 'culture' and adding people in that fit said culture. The office is gorgeous and the staff seems to be composed of young and interesting. Now that the niceties are out of the way...

There are three rounds: a phone screening, another phone screening and then a super-day (and maybe more after that, didn't get further in the process). Throughout the process, I read up on how scattered the process could be but I figured maybe it would be different for me? On the day of my super-day I was scheduled for a combo of both phone interviews and in person ones at their HQ. Out of the total of 6 I was scheduled for, I only did 2. After all of the preparation on my end, it turns out the Sr. Manager I was scheduled to talk to needed to reschedule twice that morning due to 'traffic' and then while on sight my second interview was cut short due to an internal emergency. I mean, mid sentence my interviewer was called outside, had a tensed conversation and then came in and rushed me out. During the chaos she said she would reschedule the remaining four interviews but a week later I found out that they were 'going in a different direction'. Why make me go through all of this preparation and multiple interviews only to cancel more than half of them the day of?

The entire process left me confused. There is minimal contact from their end on the status of your application to begin with and they are truly a mess when it comes to scheduling interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager with technical questions followed by interesting assignment of building small trading system. Code have been assessed and the panel, in-person interview followed. ~week for offer approval and final phone screen with cultural ambassador. ~2 weeks later offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, http, java, scala, architectural, culture, behavioral etc   Answer Question