AOL Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled a time and rescheduled again . He did not even call on time and started asking questions related to former employer(3 projects before) details. When I am uncomfortable giving more than needed details in first call and said I will provide based on need then he was very rude and disconnected saying we can talk when you are ready. I have still provided him details in few minutes through email but no response. Ridiculous.Please believe in people who applies to your company and try to make an introduction call initially instead of asking for more details, pay rates and all when the other person is uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Just employer details for all projects and nothing related to my experience or work   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

In the beginning, the process was your standard protocol
    1. Screening with hiring manager
    2. Screen with 3 additional members (including hiring manager)
    3. Onsite interview with 4 people

What was frustrating is the later stages after the in-person interview. There were some red flags with some questions I was being asked such as "Do you have any reason not to accept this offer?" "So, How much to you want to be paid" and some personal questions about my background irrelevant to my ability to do the job. Also, when I was meeting with members of the team, there seemed to be a lack of communication (also red flag), because they seemed a little puzzled on what questions to ask me and were not aware of whats steps I took/people I've talked to prior as I was asked stuff about the interview process.

In addition, I had to provide 3 references which were not a problem for me. What was annoying is that they came back to me every-time they were not able to get ahold of my references as if I had to streamline that process for them. In addition, I was asked to provide more specific references that far went above the initial request which was 3 including one supervisory. I ended up providing around 5, and other contacts that I didn't even have contact info for upon the recruiter's request

Finally, I ended up having another final call with the hiring manager to go over 'last-minute questions' where he ended up saying 'I sorta want to hire you, but have some concerns..." I thought this was a little weird and our convo was on another level. I was told directly to receive an update the next day as the decision would be made. I waited 2 full days - and nothing. I ended up having to email again to ask for an update, and was told the team would be moving forward with a hire done internally..

There were many unnecessary and frustrating points during the entire process - I am not disgruntled, just concerned for other applicants. Be ware.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

5 30-minute interviews.

The interviewers were very interested in my past community service experience, and it seemed AOL was very focused on their CSR, such as their Monster Help Day. Focus of ad sales to upsell their clients and understand the large network of platforms AOL has.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of involvement in the community (eg. community service organizations, other charitable organizations)   Answer Question

Confidential Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with one of their subsidiaries. Met with several staff in a series of one-on-one meetings in conference rooms at their offices.

They were respectful and friendly during the interview process. They didn't ask any "gotcha" questions -- the whole experience was quite positive, and well orchestrated.

Even though I didn't ultimately get the position, I was impressed with how the interview process went.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem not doing everything yourself -- ie, having someone else do a role you'd done yourself at a previous job?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First round a call from the recruiter to know more about candidate.
    Second round skype interview with a team lead, was asked to build a simple calculator android app.

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

1. Screening call with HR. 2. Phone call with hiring manager. 3. In person interview with team members and GM (one day, all back to back). 4. In person interview with hiring manager. 5. Call with corporate "culture" rep (AOL makes everyone have this call to determine if they fit the culture of the company).

Interview Questions

• Situational questions regarding how to recover when the worst happens on-site at an event.   Answer Question

Advertising Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

(1) Met with recruiter (2)Met with the hiring manager (3) met regional managers, (4) met WC VP. (5) present to team, (6) offered job, (7) negotiate. (8) accept.

Interview Questions

• Present one of our clients to us.   1 Answer