AOL Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.9

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round was phone call to get basic details about the candidate.
    2nd round was 30 min technical phone interview with 1 team member
    3rd round was 1 hr technical hangout call with the manager and his team

Interview Questions

• DHCP, ARP, IPv6, VPN setup, BGP, DDoS types, troubleshooting questions.   Answer Question

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First went through a phone screen with a recruiter. Then met with 3 interviewers, including the hiring manager, and my peers, and one cultural ambassador to assess the cultural fit to AOL. 30mins-45mins for each meeting. Pretty lengthy assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received constructive criticism and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was rigorous, yet pleasant. I was interviewed first by the SVP of the department, then by the Technical Director, both by phone. After that, I was invited for an on-site, in-person interview with everyone from SVP down to my future team. Everybody was incredibly warm, welcoming, open and honest. Aside from the obligatory questions about experience and culture fit, expectations were made clear in a friendly, "These are the deliverables that we are hoping to receive from your position."

All-in-all, the interview process was outstanding. I had a great time, and was glad to be accepted onto the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe ideal _____ hierarchy to include:
      ∙Pieces/Parts/Roles
      ∙How to fit together (within the Department)
      ∙External Dependencies
      ∙Relationships
      ∙Escalation Paths
      ∙Inputs
      ∙Expected Outputs
      ∙Senior Relationships   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

My recruiter was helpful. She responded quickly and gave me interview tips. I was not offered the position but she helped me find other positions at the company. I went through 2 phone interviews. The first was a general overview about the company and culture. The second was a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked about projects I was working on and covered everything on my resume.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was quick. Friday the Recruiter told me about the opening of a new position at AOL and after a technical screening with the project manager in the team I was called in for a 4.5 hours in-person interview on Wednesday with 6 people all separately.

The interview had 3 technical people and 3 behaviorial analyser people. The technical people asked very general questions about basic HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP questions and a few performance and troubleshooting technique questions. The non technical people asked about the experience and how I handled different situations at work,

After going through all the interviews with flying colors (in my opinion), they call me on Friday to tell me my java script skills were not enough for the role though they enjoyed talking to me. They had almost no questions related to javascript during the interview and they said I was not strong enough in Javascript. I guess they were just trying to find reaason for not accepting me in. Anyways nothing but time was lost for me.

Looked great for a work place. Everyone over there who interviewed me have been working for over 10 years at AOL.

Interview Questions

• CSS Selector Question   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a teammate who is performing weakly?   1 Answer
    • How would you improve the performance of a page load?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a project of counting trees in the whole county if you were a team lead?   Answer Question
    • PHP Session and Cookies   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers and an Accounting Director. I discussed my experience and background with them and how it related to the position available. The managers and accounting director provided great detail of information about the role and the team. They were also very detailed in answering my questions about the recent company changes.

Interview Questions

• Provided a scenario and asked, "How would you record an accrual and/or a prepaid transactions?"   Answer Question
    • What is your skill level working with Excel?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very staright forward. I applied for the opportunity on linkedin, I got a response from the recruiter in 2 days, After that I had a phone interview with one of the QA Managers , This interview is mostly about your past experience. After that I was called onsite for Face to face interview.
    There is one written exam with basic questions on Java, SQL , testing, Web services and automation. After that 3 interviews with QA manager and QA engineers

Overall process is very smooth, Office is very nice and every one i interacted with was very professional and nice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews with 2 individuals - a hiring recruiter and the position's supervisor. All were fairly low-stress. The interviews took place over a 3 day span, and by the 5th day, I was made an offer.

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Initial phone interview with manager. Met with entire team, one by one who asked various technical and work-habit related questions. 30 minute interview with cultural ambassador. And then hired! :)

Interview Questions

• How would you write an algorithm to truncate text, accounting for spaces and punctuation?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round was a set of basic java questions and behavioral questions. Second Round was code review and analysis of application I was working on as an intern. Moreover, they asked me to step through the code I had written and suggested some changes to be implemented based on certain test cases. It was manageable as I had worked on that code as an intern.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot on design patterns, polymorphism, Overloading and overriding methods I had written earlier.   Answer Question