APCO Worldwide Project Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

APCO Worldwide Project Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

I received the interview through a mutual connection. The staffing committee reached out by email and we set up a phone interview for a few days later. The interview spanned about 30 minutes. It was a good process but halfway through I realized it wasn't exactly the right place for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for APCO Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR a few days later. The interview was very late when she called me and she never sent me a follow up message, despite telling me she would. It is okay that I did not receive and offer, but an email would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions you would expect from an interview.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why APCO?
      How did you hear about APO?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted about doing a phone interview, which happened the next day. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and was not hard. Mainly went over my resume with a few basic questions. Then I was asked to do the writing test several days later. The writing test took about an hour and a half. I then had an in-person interview a week and a half later. The next day I was contacted and offered the position. Overall, the process took about two and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to our team? What are you looking for?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process took about a month. There were three rounds of interviews: 1) phone screening, 2) multiple back-to-back interviews with two people each, and 3) a final interview with two additional senior-level employees and a very long writing test.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to work at APCO?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Took a million years. Spoke to 7 different people on the phone over the course of 2 weeks. And then came in for 2 in person interviews. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Arduous process, interviewed with 9 people over 3 rounds, plus a writing test. I was given the offer the day after my final round, but I know some people wait weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite social media platform, and how would you use it to create a strategy for X client   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's a little wiggle room, but not much. If they say they can't offer you a higher base salary, ask for a signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long, but that's not uncommon from my experience. I met with many different employees, 6 on the actual team I'd be working for (junior, senior, and exec level), 2 execs, and HR. There was a writing test, which is also standard for the industry - it was challenging but enjoyable to do, which is how I knew I would like the job. The people I met with were very warm and sociable, and had a great reparte with one another. I could definitely sense the congenial environment that was described.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to pursue a career in Communications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews which seemed a little pointless- could have met with all relevant staff in one meeting rather than spreading them out- seemed poorly organized. I was kept waiting for staff to show up which made me feel unimportant to them. Not a great first impression
    Writing tests understandable.

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary- this is what we're offering and this is when you start..... this should have been a red flag.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Bangkok (Thailand)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview with most members of the team - can be done online - very flexible and very friendly - caring and considerate team willing to guide you through the nature of the work, the team and the culture

Interview Questions

• They are interested more in what you can contribute to the team as well as whether you are a good fit for the entire team dynamics.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in March 2011.

Interview

I had a short phone interview one day. Went over my resume with the hiring manager. She was more interested in the parts of the resume that I felt weren't important for the job, and had no interested when I tried to bring up my experiences that were applicable to the position. She had a pretty negative outlook from the beginning, which caught me off guard. I was originally really interested in the position and APCO in general, but after the interview I lost all interest.