ARC of Washington County Outreach Worker I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at ARC of Washington County

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Outreach Worker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARC of Washington County (Hagerstown, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Thursday and received a call for an interview the following day. The position was in Cumberland, MD but I had to travel to Hagerstown, MD for the interview, which was fine. The HR specialist I spoke with acknowledged this fact and said that due to the fact that I had to travel, they would complete the remaining parts of the application process *and* the interview on the same day. She explicitly stated, "interview". When I arrived for my interview, I was given a binder full of job descriptions and told to look for something "that appeals to me" (despite having already applied for a specific position). I signed some forms for the background check and driving record check and was given an extra sheet to complete work history. They are extremely adamant about having a complete work history, so have all details on hand if not already on your resume/application. I was then asked to take math and reading skills tests. When it came time for the "interview" segment, I met 1:1 with an HR specialist. However, it was not at all an interview. She pressed me further about work history and driving history. She asked if I had any certifications or volunteer experience. There were no other questions. She stated that they would contact me within the next few days to schedule an interview, which is what I was led to believe I was there for at that time. I wasn't sure what to say so I simply thanked her and left.

Three days later, I received a letter in the mail stating that they had selected another applicant! I was rather shocked about this because I applied for the job immediately after it was posted and though I was offered an interview by the first HR specialist I spoke with, was never actually given the opportunity to interview for the position. It was all very confusing. Though I had been watching Arc's job postings closely and was very interested in working for them, I'm not sure I will apply again. This process left a very awkward impression.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any certifications related to the position?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any volunteer experience not included in your work history?   Answer Question