ARCADIS Environmental Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ARCADIS Environmental Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.1

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ARCADIS.

Interview

Met them initially at a campus career night. Had an interview set up within days. Had an interview with 5 different people one on one. Pretty typical interview questions and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about arcadis?
    What did you find most difficult with that project?
    What was your favorite class?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ARCADIS

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ARCADIS.

Interview

First round of the interview process was a 30 minute phone interview. Then I had a panel interview at the office with around 8 people. Interview was relatively laid back with some of the typical questions such as "what are some of your strengths and weaknesses" and "what are your career interests and future goals?" A good portion of the interview was the various people describing what they do at the company and some of the types of projects I would be working on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARCADIS (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with 5 consecutive employees ranging from all over the hierarchy of the company structure: They asked me basic interview questions and were interested in my technical abilities for the job. I was very unhappy about the HR relations since I started trying to contact the HR recruiter and secretary after 3 weeks and they kept dodging my calls. After a month I called under a different number and they answered right away. I suspect they were trying to avoid talking to me, because I was informed I was the best qualified candidate for the job and the only reason for not being chosen was because of my race as I saw that each of of the interviewees were of Caucasian descent.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with groundwater modeling software?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Interview

I applied online through a university career services posting and worked with two different recruiters to get an interview at the local office. I interviewed in person with 6 people and it took 2-3 hrs. I heard back 3-4 weeks later. The offer came via email and the position salary, overview, and negotiation were handled by one of the recruiters I worked with.

Interview Questions

• This was an entry level position, so there was nothing unexpected. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do you want to work at ARCADIS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ARCADIS (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the open recruiting of environmental engineers and scientists (College recruitment) and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. Worked with recruiter to find a location that fit my desired career direction and geographical preference. He came up with Indianapolis and moved to set up a phone interview. This process alone took quite awhile, as we went through a few prospective locations before Indianapolis came up. I had a phone interview with a HR admin and two engineers. Phone interview went great, lasted 30 minutes. Not difficult, just questions about my experience, education, and other things on my resume. Also questions about what I was interested in doing. They asked me to come down for an in person interview. That happen the same week. In person interview was a group interview. It was very relaxed, easy questions about the same topics as the phone interview. I had about 6 people meet with me at once, sounds intimidating but it wasn't at all. The interview lasted about 2 hours, sounds long but it wasn't a grilling. I left feeling great and wanting to work there, I got an offer about a week later or so. If you want to work for ARCADIS your in luck, they are hiring. Apply online over and over, I am serious eventually they will give you a call. The company is great and the culture is very relaxed and enjoyable. They are doing great as a company and treat their employees well.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience (job)   1 Answer
    • describe your favorite and least favorite classes in school. What would you like your career focus be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered about what i expected and what is listed on glassdoor. I didn't attempt to negotiate because I felt it was a fair offer for an entry level environmental engineer

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARCADIS in October 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was very straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions based on my resume were asked. This was a general on-campus interview, however there was very little follow-up in terms of placement. Although, I did reach out to the recruiter about several positions, hiring managers were slow to respond which kept their hands tied.

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARCADIS in August 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was basically to cross check the information given in the resume. No behavioral or technical questions were asked. I was asked whether I had taken course or did projects on the specific area of practice. I felt that the knowledge that they expected was way too specific for an MS graduate. The position was in the east coast and they said relocation assistance will not be provided. The interview took almost 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Courses/projects taken in a particular area of remediation.   Answer Question
    • My preference on the kind of work I would like to do among design, calculations, report writing and field work.   Answer Question