ARCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ARCO

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ARCO (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very long. I had five total interviews split into two separate days. They did not do group interviews, but about an hour of time with each person. The people I interviewed with were great, but there was an air of falseness around them. It seemed like the pleasantries were forced, like they were talking through a screen of false happiness. Furthermore, they kept talking up their benefits (which are amazing, btw), but after the initial discussion of this with the HR person on the phone, I don't think it should have been brought up. It almost felt like they were trying to convince me of how awesome of a place it is, but this made me suspicious that they were hiding something.

Also, they gave me a printed packet which contained all of their benefits, then I didn't hear from them for weeks. I've never been given a benefits packet at an interview before. Needless to say, it lead me to believe that I was successful in the interview. I was not. I think they shouldn't hand this out, it's very misleading.

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at ARCO in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was very positive for me-- I heard back from the recruiter who posted the job only a couple days after applying. We spoke on the phone for a brief interview and the following I was invited to come in and meet the team for a formal interview. Everyone seems genuinely happy to be at this company and all had great things to say.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty standard and went a lot more like a conversation. They asked about my past experience and how I see it relating to the position. I was also given many opportunities to ask questions of my own about the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ARCO (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very relaxed interview, they are trying to get to know your personality to see if you’re a good fit. Interviewed with the four people for approximately 15 minutes each. They definitely encourage you to ask them questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ARCO (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I had one phone interview and then an in person interview. The process overall was formal, but positive. The in person interview was formal business attire. The staff was friendly and welcoming.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARCO.

Interview

An internal recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and scheduled a phone screen. A few weeks later I completed a second phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The in-person interview was in front of their senior team and I was asked to present my process/ideas. After all this, I received no replies to my follow up call and emails. Instead I received a system generated rejection email. Poor experience - they were not flexible scheduling the interview and then how they closed it out reflected terribly on their HR team.

Interview Questions

ARCO Response

Jun 14, 2019

At ARCO, we pride ourselves on a positive candidate experience as much as we do our associate experience. With that, we are regretful your interview experience and the correspondence after that, fell... More

Senior PM Interview

Interview

Very laid back you go around to multiple current senior project managers over the course of a couple hours. They are interested in your interests as well as background.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ARCO.

Interview

Met recruiter on campus, flown to Chicago for interview. Interviews were with two partners at a time. It was definitely a conversational feel, mostly with them asking about past experiences and why you're interested in construction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARCO (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews with two different HR recruiters. Phone interviews were went great in my opinion. Answered any questions I had and left me with a pretty good understanding of what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ARCO (Downers Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The call to schedule interview. You go to office and have 2 interviews with the partners of the company. They pretty much just want to have a conversation with you about who you are as a person. Based off who they hired, the interview is mostly used to gauge if you would fit into the environment of the company. The test is used to see if you have the intelligence required.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ARCO (New York, NY).

Interview

After 3 interviews I was told I had to take a personality and critical thinking test. I was also told only about 20% of people do well enough on the tests to be considered for the job. After taking the test I didn't get much feedback and felt as if I was mislead during the process.