AREVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AREVA

2.7

Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AREVA (Mountain View, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online... 3 weeks later I was contacted by HR. I set up my initial phone interview which lasted 20 min. They asked the normal questions regarding your resume: work history, degrees received, etc. They told me that someone from engineering would contact me if my skills aligned with their needs. 1 week later I had my 2nd interview with the hiring director... we spent about 2 hours on the phone. Casual conversation... At the end of the conversation, I was invited out to meet the team. 2 weeks later I flew out. Areva covered all expenses (air, hotel, meals, rental car)... everything was first class. I had a panel interview first... and then during the course of the day I had a number of 1:1 interviews with people from the panel as well as upper management. Day 2 was more of the same. Would have loved to work there... but I think they hired someone who was local over me. The job description did say that relocation was not covered... I never touched on that assuming that if an offer was made that this may be negotiable. After the onsite interview, HR never followed up with me... 4 weeks after the onsite, I had to contact the hiring director to gain some closure to the process. The position had been filled.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AREVA (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Was terrible took too long, from point of applying to being hired was too long. This process needs to be made more lean and better for future applicants to even have a chance.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

My interview experience was many years ago. The company is currently using behavioral interviewing technique. That is all I can say. Utilize telephone interviews and site visits in interview process.

The current interview process asks situational questions and wants to know how you react. Questions such as what you learned from one of your failures, what is your greatest strength and why.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

This was an interview for an internal transfer but the process is similar for people coming from outside of the company.

First, I used my network to get my resume past the HR job application system. Your resume can get weeded out by the HR system if you don't select the right options. After several phone calls, I did get invited in for an interview.

My interview was a panel style interview with six people at one time. Areva uses a behavioral interview process and the people at the table would each ask a question from a set of questions provided by HR. It was a bit amusing because they kept going around the table asking one question at a time reading off of a piece of paper.

I had to call a couple times after the interview to inquire if a decision had been made. It was nearly two months before I received their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you had a difficult time with the customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AREVA in January 2007.

Interview

Straightforward. Informative.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

questions and where you want to be in x amount of years it wasnt bad pretty much said i had the job this isnt a bad company but come in high on your hiring offer bc it will be hard to get a raise once you have accepted an offer from Areva

Interview Questions

• questions and where you want to be in x amount of years   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AREVA in August 2009.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview. I still haven't heard back (since beginning of September). I wonder how long it takes to get back to candidates. It was a general interview and the recruiter seemed nice. Can anybody offer advice about what to do next? Should I wait or try to contact the recruitter again - even though the company is still accepting applications for the job

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AREVA (Lynchburg, VA) in September 2008.

Interview

Initially started with a 1 on 1 interview with an employee at Areva NP at my college. Questions were behavioral, and was pretty easy going and fun. We just talked about the company, the position, some background and behavioral questions. Then I got invited to their plant for a on site interview. I was flown there in the afternoon/evening, and the interview was next day in the morning. I took a cab, got to the site, waited a bit and was shown into a meeting room and there was about 4-5 people. I don't remember their positions but they were probably the managers and the other upper heads. Only one person spoke and asked questions, the others just listened. I think my nerves got the better of me, first time interviewed by a group, so I didn't answer my questions well. Surprisingly, the questions weren't hard at all, just more behavioral questions. Like tell me about a challenging problem you had and what you did to solve it. Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a teamate and what happened and so on. However, I didn't manage to impress the manager and they had better candidates for the limited positions they had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you were faced with and how did you act?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AREVA (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

Called for phone interview, talked to supervisor and manager about an hour. Ask general situational questions and experience. Immediately got invited to the site.
    Went after one month. Had panel interview and asked about same situational, work experience, degree. Generic questions. Then they took me to lunch. Manager made verbal offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

Got better offer from other place

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AREVA in March 2011.

Interview

Interview was organized in a professional way.
    There are two offices in Lynchburg, must confirm interview location.
    Interview took about 2 hours.
    The following up from HR is also nice and can answer the questions in a friendly manner.
    Relocation package was excellent.