AREVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AREVA

2.7

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AREVA (Richland, WA).

Interview

worked for temp service, job offered, signed contract

Interview Questions

• You seem a bit over qualified, do you think you can afford to work here at the starting wage we're offering?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing take it or leave it

Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AREVA (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Was contacted by a nice, pleasant lady for a phone interview. At the conclusion of the call I was told I would receive a follow-up call the next week to schedule another follow-up interview with the hiring manager. She also provided me her direct phone number and encouraged me to call with any questions in the meantime. I did have another question in the interim (where I could address a thank you card) so I called the number I was provided, left a message stating the reason for my call, but did not receive a return call. I also did not receive the follow-up call promised for the following week to set up the follow-up interview; so I called and left a message to ask if there was some misunderstanding and to determine if I was still a candidate; I received no return call/message. I left a message once a week for the following two weeks after that requesting a call back to follow-up but not once received a response. I am very used to not getting calls back from recruiters and interviewers as they work through their process and deliberate on the merits of candidates. I also understand if they felt that I was not the best cadidate for the job after those deliberations; that's a reality of the world. However, it was unprofessional to receive no reply what-so-ever after I was [1] definitively told that I would receive a follow-up call the next week for a follow-up interview, and [2]pointedly encouraged to call with any follow-up questions and provided a direct number to do so.

Thermal Hydraulics Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AREVA (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

AREVA gives you a personal HR representative for each job position for which you are being considered. These reps were my first point of contact after submitting my application/resume online for a few positions (~1 week later). My reps checked in on me often, and organized everything for my trip to Lynchburg--hotel, rental car, round-trip flight, meal/gas/airport parking reimbursement, interview times, and sight tours. (All was paid for/reimbursed by AREVA.) I was interviewed by a panel of supervisors; their different sectors often collaborate, so it was important that I be assessed by the supervisor of each sector. I am a young professional, and my representative even organized a separate meeting with a few employees in my age group to give me a better glimpse of the company from a peer's point of view. Following the interview, my HR rep checked in with me for a follow-up, and the decision was delivered to me in less than one week.

Interview Questions

• Is there a question that I have not already asked that you wish I would have asked?   Answer Question

Thermal/Hydraulic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AREVA (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

The process was par for the course from a large company. The HR representative did not impress me, but all of the engineers I had contact with were forthright and friendly. The interview resulted from a near-cold-call, and it took several months for them to phone me, but from then on it moved fairly well. The on-site was not a difficult interview, mostly a get-to-know-you and explain-your-research sort of thing, and the team I met seemed to be competent and motivated. There did seem to be a generational gap at the office, with the older engineers looking a good deal less interested than the younger ones. That may be a result of the various cultural shifts that have occurred at that facility over the past dozen years. The expensing was straightforward, the travel was well-managed, no complaints except the lower-than-desired salary offer, which may have been a HR-based cap for the grade I was offered. Long story short, very impressed by the candor of the engineers and engineering managers; nonplussed by their (off-site) HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Me: I did supplier management, including lot number tracking in a big spreadsheet and manufacturing logbook review.
      Them: Well, we do a lot of work that might seem tedious, how do you think you would handle that?
      Me: Well, I developed the spreadsheet.   1 Answer

It was not enough base pay to move across the country, and the company has been on-and-off in a pay freeze for some time, so I did not want to get stuck.

Controls Intern Interview

Interview

2 Basic Interviews. 1 phone followed by an onsite. Onsite asked me very easy technical questions. It really wasn't bad at all. A few matlab questions and quite a few questions about what Areva does as well as what projects I would like to work on.

Negotiation

None

Mechanical Fuel Engineer Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AREVA (Richland, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

First phone interview. Very basic canned behavioral questions. I got invited for an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview.
    On site interview was smooth, not technical at all. It involved a pannel of two managers and three supervisors. During the interview I got asked the same exact behavioural questions that I was asked during the phone interview. I was given a tour of the facilities, which was nice to get a global picture of what the company does and how the job position fits in.

I got an offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience evaluating risks?
      Describe a challenging situation you have experience in the past and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The recruiter called me on the phone to ask me if I was willing to consider the offer. After that I got the letter. I was given a week to make a decision

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AREVA (Marlborough, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Got email from the hiring supervisor telling me that I have to prepare a presentation on my specialty. In the interview day I provided slide presentation for my professional expertise and answered the questions from all group members.

Interview Questions

• Did you have experience with pump modeling for analysis?   1 Answer

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me asking whether I was interested in the position. She then proceeded to give me details of the position. Then the hiring manager received the information and within a called me to schedule an interview within a few days after his phone call. The interview lasts 30 minutes with a panel of two. After that, if they are still interested they will call you once more to set up another on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) Where there any deadlines that came up that you couldn't meet in project work, and if so why and how did you deal with that issue   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AREVA (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter followed by a 1:1 call with the manager and on-site panel interview. Panel interviews can be intimidating but mostly had fair and relevant questions for the position, with help and suggestions as needed. The recruiter did not seem to know much about technical or engineering issues.

Interview Questions

• [Placed a plastic part on the desk] What is this made of? How would you manufacture it? How would you improve it?   Answer Question

Interview

Brief phone interview. The interviewer was friendly and very relaxed. Most of the questions focused on my resume and projects listed. Others were just general questions such as experience in programming languages and willingness to actually do the co-op.