ARINC Interview Questions in Annapolis, MD | Glassdoor

ARINC Interview Questions in Annapolis, MD

2.5

Pricing & Cost Analysis (Temporary Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ARINC (Annapolis, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the Senior Manager. She immediately told me that she did not like my experience because I "had jumped around a lot and that she wanted someone with more stability". I explained to her that I was a consultant and that many assignments (such as this one) was a short term project. She told me that she had just let the last person in the position go because "she just didn't get it". I asked her about the availability of historical data and she told me that I would not be needing that because she has her own people looking at historical cost. I guess she didn't realize that future pricing is based on what one is willing to pay for the product or similar product in the present. She also seemed very put out because unbeknownst to me, the interview lasted longer than the 30 minutes that she had allotted. Strange. Very Strange.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARINC (Annapolis, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Communication was excellent prior to interview. Met with four people, two peers and two managers. Questions included "How many bits in a byte?", "How many bytes in a word?", "What does & following a command do in Unix when executing a process?" A tour of the operations was provided and the product I would be working on was introduced. When I asked "What would a typical day of work entail for me here?" nobody could really answer.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation occurred. Company was not interested in negotiating.

Interactive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARINC (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. After submitting my resume through LinkedIn, I received a follow up email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I came in and interviewed with several people. I was offered the job a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARINC (Annapolis, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted regarding the position by a Staffing Agency. The guy set me up with a phone interview with the Manager at ARINC. After the phone interview they wanted me to come for an onsite interview. In the meantime I was also asked to take an online personality and Quantitative and Reasoning test. On the day of the onsite interview, I was interviewed by the Manager and then by the Development and the Testing teams. The interview was mostly technical interview with questions about Python, Java, MySQL and the projects and experience that I had. The work culture seemed pretty good and the entire development team were in the same area. The only strange thing that they had no cubicles and the explanation given was that this was done for better communication.

Interview Questions

• In Python what is List Comprehension?   1 Answer
    • Which is more efficient during concatenation , a String class or a String Buffer class?   1 Answer
    • What is Agile development?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ARINC (Annapolis, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company recruiter who initially interviewed me. Following that interview, my information was submitted to the organization, and the staffing company arranged for an interview. Once I participated in the interview, I had a contract to hire position the term of which was negotiated during the interview with the ARINC manager.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer seemed more interested in telling me about the position than answering questions. He was looking for a specific personality type rather than a skill set. For this particular interview the interviewer was looking for a laid back personality which would not be riled by the personalities in the office.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARINC (Annapolis, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

My interview process consisted of three one on one interviews. The first two were with project leaders and the last was with the actual recruiter. Surprisingly, I was not asked any technical questions.
    The office looks like a large cubicle farm and the poor lighting make it feel somewhat depressing but the people seem to be really nice. Make sure you have identification with you or you will not be allowed into the building.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages are you comfortable with? Are you experienced with Linux? Name two accomplishments that you are proud of. What type of work would you like to do?   Answer Question