ARM Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.2

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Email screening, the HR sent an email asking me for time and also to fill out an information sheet which had questions about various skills and background. The information sheet was needed to proceed further and i sent it within a day.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter sent me 5 questions asking about my experience with CPU design and Software Skills.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

very professional people. made me very comfortable .. The process was much shorter than other companies which actually turned out to be not so good. Reason is there are some guys who actually ask questions even though you clearly said you donot have prior experience in that area . That turned out to be a mood changer in the interview ... I was like not again , another show off idiot who thinks he knows everything and he is better than me. Completely lost interest in the interview after that.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial process was good . Most people were friendly and professional.
    There was 1 individual who kept asking questions which were not in my domain and which i had no idea of. I told him that i am not aware of that domain and he was still persistent with the questions. Basically i lost interest in the interview after that...

Interview Questions

• 1. project related
      2. cpu related
      1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Extremely professional bunch of recruiters do the basic screening process and schedule the interviews. You know before hand what topic a particular interviewer will be asking you questions on which is really helpful. The interview process was smooth and really good. All the interviewers make you feel comfortable and dont take you for granted.

Interview Questions

• The topics are given before hand so that you can study.   1 Answer

ARM Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you had a great candidate experience and I look forward to working with you to keep improving our recruiting processes.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Screening call with HR. Phone interview with staff engineer currently leading the team. We had a quality get-to-know-each other, respectful, high-level technical conversation. I was told I was a strong candidate, but I did not make it to the panel phone interview as they found someone that had been managing that type of team in his most recent position (which I wasn't). The entire process was very lengthy due to people being on vacation.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone interview by two of the research engineers in the their group. They first introduced what they do in their group, then mostly asked questions about the research projects I put on my resume. We had some very technical and deep discussion about the performance/energy tradeoffs of some design decisions. They are very flexible in terms of what projects to work on.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a little bit more about xx project ?
      What result do you get from your xx project and why ?
      How familiar are you with ARM architecture and xx simulator ?
      Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX).

Interview

There was a telephonic round followed by on-site call. The onsite interview consisted of 5 rounds and 1 presentation session. Interviewers were very friendly (except one) and in some cases it was more of discussion rather than question-answer based, which I really appreciated (as this is what you experience in real work environment). The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't tell me earlier that position was for both Master and PhD candidate (They told me it was only for Master candidates). But overall great experience, friendly and highly skillful team.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about pipelining, cache coherence, caches, SoC architecture.
      Basic coding concepts.
      Discussion about ones work/research.
      Answer Question

Graduate Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

On-site interview. 4 different interviews on logic/coding/architecture/verification concepts etc. Also had two HR interviews which was a little surprising. Most of the questions were basic. Some logic questions on designing state machines were hard. I was able to answer maybe an 85% of the questions but still didn't get the offer

Test Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I received an email saying that the recruiter had come across my resume from my University's career fair and scheduled a phone interview with a member of the team. The phone interview was an easy behavioral but it did not go very well, I stumbled over some of my words and I never received further information to move on in the interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I recently interviewed for a Project Management position at ARM Holdings, while the interview experience was adequate the communication process and follow up was non-existent. The first day of interviews consisted of 4 individuals back to back, with one individual clearly expressing negative comments about the company as a whole. That evening, I received a call from the Human Resources department, urging me to come back out for yet another onsite interview the following morning. Per their request, I did interview again the next day and was told I would hear something either way by that evening or Monday latest. Upon 24 hours after the interview, I had sent a thank you letter to all interview participants for their consideration. After 3 days, I sent a follow up letter to their HR department and never received a response. Still no response...Not even so much as a "thank you for your time", or the "position has been filled" notice.
    After several weeks I emailed a Manager that conducted one of the interviews (This was the second time I had contacted him). This time he was kind enough to reply with an answer, "The position has been filled".

Interview Questions

• Three of the five individuals that conducted my interview had asked, "are you sure you won't get bored with this job"?   Answer Question

ARM Response

Sep 21, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your interview experience with ARM. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative interview experience. In the interview process, we try to be as open and transparent in ... More