ARM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ARM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARM in March 2017.

Interview

Apply online 3 weeks ago, then had the interview on 31st March. They just asked the same questions which I found in glassdoor. Firstly, they talked about the duties of role. Then, technical questions, Finally, what projects you have done.

Interview Questions

• 1. what cache do?
    2. what is volatile variable?
    3. because of the accent, there are 3 questions I can't understand.......

Other Interview Reviews for ARM

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ARM (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a brief discussion over the telephone with HR about availability and salary expectations. This was followed by a one-hour telephone interview consisting mainly of technical questions. Finally, there was a half-day technical interview on site with several members of the team.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about inserting a key into a balanced binary trees and implementing the solution in a language of my choice (with a mixture of pseudocode). There were also questions specific to the role itself.   1 Answer

ARM Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a positive candidate experience. Regardless of your next move, we sincerely wish the very best for you in your career.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the HR through linkedin on a friday. She told interview was scheduled the next day.
    Interview took place in April in ARM office. The process started in the morning at 9 AM. There was a technical written test which comprised of C, OOPs and linux. Around 60 guys appeared for this and 20 got qualified to the next round. There was no elimination round after that. There were 2 technical interview rounds, 1 HR round and 1 hiring manager round. The technical rounds were mostly about C, C++, puzzles etc. HR and HM round were mostly behavioral, project work, salary expectation etc.
    All the rounds were finished around 6 PM and we left the office. We were supposed to get a call the next week as there were different panels who took the interview and they were supposed to share their feedback later. The first technical interview took about an hour. All other interviews were around half an hour. The questions were relatively easy.The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• 1. Define copy constructor, virtual destructor
      2. Difference b/w volatile and const keyword and usage
      3. WAP for mirror tree.
      4. WAP to find the Nth node from the end.
      5. WAP to delete a complete tree.
      6. WAP for paranthesis matching.
      7. No of binary trees possible with n nodes.
      8. What is the reason for job switch.
      9. Questions on current project.
      10.Aptitude question on clock
      11.Design patterns

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARM (New Delhi (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

complete process took 1 day, firstly they were have per-placement talk foe 1:30 hour, and have quiz based on their presentation, would like to suggest be active in giving answer in quiz. Then we have Online test-50 questions(60min) contain apti+technical both. Firstly they took HR round of shortlisted candidates, then technical round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARM (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

People at ARM was very kind. All the interviews were well conducted with direct and assertive questions, what is very great in my opinion. First I was contacted by an Engineering Mgr and talked about my career with a few questions about technologies in my resume. In a second step, I was called to talk with 3 managers with questions about technologies and related to the job itself, to see if it matches with my personal interests. In a third step I was asked to do a coding test and called to talk about this code with lots of technical questions. After that, I was asked to talk with a HR person, that was really very kind to ask about my personal profile (why am I willing to left my current job and why am I interested on join ARM, etc.), salary stuff and relocation plan. After this talk I have received the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARM (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview basically has 1 Telephonic, 4 Q&A Rounds and 1 hiring manager round. Well versed interview panel, Quite helpful irrespective of you crack it or not. Prepare basics. Questions on pointers and memory allocations, Memory Layouts are a must.

Interview Questions

• OS, Data structure and algorithms, OOPS, Computer Architecture, Puzzles/Aptitude, Work Experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Some silly interview questions, out of track. Some childish puzzles. given 4 points in a 2 d plane how can you check if it is a square.
    Do Breadth first traversal of a graph.
    What are collections in java.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ARM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Interviewers are unsure of what they want. Called on phone in night,told about the company. Asked to reply within 2 days. Then interview in Bangalore office. They waste too much time in interview, and do not ask any sensible question.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for arm?
      Do you know Java ?
      How much salary you want ?
      How long you plan to stay here ?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2013.

Interview

I got this interview after submit resume on a campus career fair.

Gave me a computer, choose any platform I'm comfortable with then gave me an hour to solve three questions. I was not quite a proficient programmer, so the questions look really challenge to me. The questions covers basic data structure, algorithm and also math problem.

After that, one technician review, one manager review, one HR review. The manager asked me what's the most challenge debug problem I've ever met, what's my most significant short point.

HR review is to test my english proficiency.

Though I didn't get the offer, everyone is very nice and polite and smart. I love the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.reconstruct binary tree from pre-order and in-order traverse.
      2.dont remember
      3.design a graphic algorithm

ARM Response

Oct 8, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your interview experience in our Shanghai office! Continue to work on your programming languages and continue to check back for open positions at ARM! We're growing ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ARM in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred by internal people from ARM Cambridge, and a telephone interview was scheduled on early February. The interview was quite informal, by only one ARM fellow leading the future technologies (?) team in the processor division. We mainly discussed some of my PhD work (memory hierarchy architectures) listed in my CV.

Interview Questions

• No really harsh questions - mostly open questions on manycore processor memory subsystems design/optimizations.   1 Answer