ARM Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ARM (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Selection day.
    3 exams, theoretical, practical and design.

First: technical question with many programming languages.

Second: implement an application in android studio.

Third : design something from scratch.

Overall nothing special

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Started with a video interview, with prerecorded questions where you'd have three minutes to record your answers. No do-overs, so slightly stressful. Also contains one or two coding questions, which are straightforward.
    Then got invited to a face-to-face interview at Cambridge, where people were very friendly and nice. Questions in that were very typical, based on the resume and some questions meant to be solved on the whiteboard. As usual, more about explaining how you'd approach the problem, what your process is than the results itself.

Internal Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ARM.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone call with HR which was well conducted and useful. I then had a very interesting and successful phone interview for 90 mins. That was followed by a 60 min face to face interview. That final interview was conducted by a person who didn't know what role I was applying for and who very obviously hadn't read my CV.
    They asked questions then interrupted me mid-sentence when attempting to answer. No competency based questions were asked. More time was spent telling me how awesome they found themselves than anything else.
    First contact to face to face interview took about three weeks. I then had to wait a further three weeks before receiving a negative computer generated response.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Invited to a telephone interview a few months after applying...Interview was 'standard' with typical questions re experience of projects relevant to role. Awaiting feedback and to know if asked to attend F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• Project methodologies used in previous infrastructure projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARM (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

An application online (simple process with a cover letter and cv, no additional tests), subsecquently face-to-face interview.

No personal (also no emails) contact with the responsible internal talent acquisition adviser. Received an email that my application was unsuccessful, but was invited for an interview a few days later without any explanation.

No feedback received after face-to-face interview except a template rejection email - a feedback request didn't help. The interview panel was very friendly, but the recruitment process itself has a lot of room for improvement.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, not specifically HR focused   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ARM (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very poor experience, the interviewers were completely unprepared and hadn't bothered covering the basics. They didn't know what role I had applied for, they didn't even know the place of work, I had applied for a role near the city I live, they were asking me if I would be prepared to move to Cambridge UK for the role! Very awkward situation and embarrassing really. By the way, nobody bothered getting back to me after the interview. I felt that I wasted my time preparing for the interview!

Interview Questions

• Questions around the CV and PM experience in the semi-conductors sector   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ARM (Nottingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I did not feel comfortable. I am not very good at English, but neither these China oriented guys were.
    They seem wise guys, and as it is expected I did not accept these situation because I just did not like it. I correctly answered most of the questions, and few with help of them but they have sent me reject mail just after 1 hours from interview and I felt something went unfair. Sorry.

Interview Questions

• multiply a number with 7 with a cpu not having multiplier unit.   1 Answer

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARM.

Interview

Initial interview was done using HireVue, asking for code examples in VHDL/Verilog, projects done in the past and the standard 'tell us what you know about ARM' questions. One tip is to use your laptop/tablet/PC and not your smartphone as it is really hard to write the required code on the small screen.

Senior People Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARM (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview first and then a second interview. This comprised a one hour interview (including 20-30 minute presentation) with a People Director plus questions, another one hour interview with a senior People Business Manager and a final one hour interview with a senior line manager. All of the interviewers were very approachable and, although there were multiple questions, it felt more like a business discussion.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARM in March 2017.

Interview

Apply online 3 weeks ago, then had the interview on 31st March. They just asked the same questions which I found in glassdoor. Firstly, they talked about the duties of role. Then, technical questions, Finally, what projects you have done.

Interview Questions

• 1. what cache do?
      2. what is volatile variable?
      3. because of the accent, there are 3 questions I can't understand.......
      Answer Question