ARRIS Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR | Glassdoor

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me first, then the Manager followed up with a phone call for 1 hour the next day. Then I was invited in for a half day of back to back individual interviews with 5 different people, which I believe was on a Thursday. No Panel. Each person was different. Two management executives, a QA specialist, a Product Owner and a architect.

I was then called the following Monday and and offer was extended. They were very excited to hire and did waste any time.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would stories to document the requirements for a softdrink dispenser machine.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process went fairly quickly. The responded within a month of applying. I had an interview with HR and then one with the manager of the Software department. Both people I talked with were sincerely interested in what I had to say and asked important questions. They were honest when I had questions and were very welcoming.

Director, Product Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Meet with various members of the team as well as senior managers of adjacent teams and senior execs

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in January 2009.

Interview

Originally applied for the job and recieved a response very soon after applying. Initial phone screen went well, but then they went silent for many weeks. After a follow-up phone interview and in person meeting with the recruiter, more delays occurred until a series of in person interviews took place.

The in person interviews consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews and included one video conference. The people were all nice, but it was difficult getting a true sense of the environment.

Other than the length of time the whole process took, and the long periods of silence in between, the interview process went well.

Interview Questions

• If you had 3 questions to ask senior management, what would they be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited ability to negotiate due to the tight economic environment.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by 5 people, including director. The interview also included a presentation. 2 of the 5 interviewers asked deep technical questions, others focused on past experience.

Interview Questions

• what do you think is your weakness   1 Answer

They made an offer, but this was less than what I would be making elsewhere, and they were inflexible with compensation. So I refused.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in September 2008.

Interview

Was hired as the result of contract-to-hire.
    Interview process was typical. But that would vary by internal group.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve the 8 chess queens problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because I was contract-to-hire, the agency knew what they could ask.
    I got $52/hr

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in May 2008.

Interview

I was already well acquainted with the person doing my interview. We discussed my job history and the various tasks I performed at my last position. We talked about the responsibilities of the position I was interviewing for and since I was already well acquainted with the technology that was implemented there were no gotchas.

In summary a very informal interview process for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer they made was acceptable. I did not try to squeeze them too much.