ARRIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.8

Performance Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARRIS (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 2 stages, stage 1 was within a group, they had us listen to a recorded call, grade the recorded call based on the tactics the call center used, and state what we would have done to make the call better. Stage 2 was a face to face interview where we were asked questions based on different scenarios to see how we dealt with the problem or situation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Coming from an internal applicant, my experience might be atypical for an external applicant. The process was overall very informal. I submitted my resume and was contacted within a few weeks about an interview. I had one brief meeting (on the phone) discussing the position, what it entails, what technologies are commonly used, etc. I was given a few topics to study up on. The next interview was also fairly informal (phone interview) where I basically discussed my own experiences using Java, different projects that I had done, what technologies I have used. I was asked a few questions about race conditions, multi-threading, and Spring Framework.

Interview Questions

• Can you briefly describe the Spring Framework and what its advantages are?   Answer Question
    • What does the 'synchronized' keyword do when added to a method?   Answer Question
    • Describe the most complex Java project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview.
    Phone interview covered the general knowledge on what you have done in the past.
    On-site interview was mostly about programming knowledge and some technical tricks to see your analytical skills. You don't have to know everything they ask but you do need a way to handle the questions so that they can see your approach of handling difficult technical situations.

Interview Questions

• Technical knowledge. No personal questions that you can find answers on some books.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ARRIS (Suwanee, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

There was a full day of interview with not too much technical questions. Great people and great work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

After a phone interview, they asked me to an onsite interview. They gave me a tour of the new facility. After that, I met with three project leaders. Two of them were a mix of technical/behavior/past experiences questions, while one just asked me about past experiences. Though it wasn't too difficult, some of the material I hadn't had the chance to learn before.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ARRIS in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by an engineer. It was about 30 minutes. Mainly about the resume, previous work experience and projects. Interviewer is knowledgable and will follow up with some questions of what you have done, be prepared for that. They are looking for someone with knowledge of embedded system.
    Told will be contacted for onsite if chose to proceed.

Interview Questions

• In addition to the resume, they are asking about projects that are relevant to their position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

The first round of the interview is telephonic and the second is onsite. Questions are pretty basic and focus on the overview in the telephonic round. If they find your answers acceptable they will immediately call you for the second round.

Interview Questions

• The profile was for Web Services and MySql largely. So they asked me 2-3 questions on database like what would you do to make database search faster and db versioning.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the employees I'd be working with - he wanted to get to know me and describe what I'd be doing. After that had a real interview with the manager and a couple other employees (one being the one I had the phone interview with). It was through Skype, as I was at school and couldn't make it on-site.

Interview Questions

• Declare and add elements to an array.   Answer Question
    • There was also a relatively simple physics question and a brain teaser question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS in May 2015.

Interview

It was scheduled as an hour to hour and a half long interview. They asked small behavioral questions, a few problem solving, and a few technical questions. Nothing too difficult, mainly just to see how you work and if you would fit with the team. Any language was allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process went fairly quickly. The responded within a month of applying. I had an interview with HR and then one with the manager of the Software department. Both people I talked with were sincerely interested in what I had to say and asked important questions. They were honest when I had questions and were very welcoming.