ARRIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ARRIS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Coming from an internal applicant, my experience might be atypical for an external applicant. The process was overall very informal. I submitted my resume and was contacted within a few weeks about an interview. I had one brief meeting (on the phone) discussing the position, what it entails, what technologies are commonly used, etc. I was given a few topics to study up on. The next interview was also fairly informal (phone interview) where I basically discussed my own experiences using Java, different projects that I had done, what technologies I have used. I was asked a few questions about race conditions, multi-threading, and Spring Framework.

Interview Questions

• Can you briefly describe the Spring Framework and what its advantages are?   Answer Question
    • What does the 'synchronized' keyword do when added to a method?   Answer Question
    • Describe the most complex Java project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ARRIS (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview set up by recruiter and I was contacted by 5 different recruiters. I had a phone interview as the job was located in Denver, Colorado. I was interviewed by two managers of the hiring company one Charter/Spectrum manager and the job was to support Charter/Spectrum CATV network.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process for a Cable Modem to come on line.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ARRIS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and easy. The hiring manager just asked about the skills listed on my resume. Where were the skills used in practical and similar questions. The interview process was an average type one.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS in January 2017.

Interview

Very chill, they just asked about your knowledge of certain subject regarding to the position. Mostly just asked if you were comfortable and can do the job. Just relax as they're trying to find someone that can fit in with the group and be responsible enough to get the job done.

Interview Questions

• How do you check the disk partition in linux?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview.
    Phone interview covered the general knowledge on what you have done in the past.
    On-site interview was mostly about programming knowledge and some technical tricks to see your analytical skills. You don't have to know everything they ask but you do need a way to handle the questions so that they can see your approach of handling difficult technical situations.

Interview Questions

• Technical knowledge. No personal questions that you can find answers on some books.   Answer Question

Engineering(Hardware Design + Verification) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview which was mainly description of the job and the company and talking about my resume. Second was an onsite interview - had two people interview me. First round was technical, second was mostly just resume related (e.g. tell me about yourself, what was your favorite project out of all of the projects you've done). I also got a tour of their lab which was great!

Interview Questions

• Main technical topics: logic gates, how to make logic gates out of mosfets, voltage and current limiter question, mosfet fundamentals questions (related to Vgs, V_threshold), and finally a parts list question (what are all the parts you would need to make a DSL gateway?)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process went fairly quickly. The responded within a month of applying. I had an interview with HR and then one with the manager of the Software department. Both people I talked with were sincerely interested in what I had to say and asked important questions. They were honest when I had questions and were very welcoming.

Principal QA Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ARRIS in January 2016.

Interview

Tired and useless method of 2 people per team asking rhetorical questions about what you do and what was your biggest crowning achievement.

They had zero interest in answering my questions, appeared irritated and disinterested. Arris is all about what you can do for them, they don't care about their employees at all.

Interview Questions

• What bug did you find that is your biggest achievement?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Lowell, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

1st round: 10 minute phone conversation with HR.
    2nd round: 45 minute interview with hiring manager. Discussed about my resume, what projects I have worked on, and moved on to the projects available. The hiring manager took efforts to make me feel comfortable, and the interview was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the projects you worked on during your previous internship.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the employees I'd be working with - he wanted to get to know me and describe what I'd be doing. After that had a real interview with the manager and a couple other employees (one being the one I had the phone interview with). It was through Skype, as I was at school and couldn't make it on-site.

Interview Questions

• Declare and add elements to an array.   Answer Question
    • There was also a relatively simple physics question and a brain teaser question.   Answer Question