ARRIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.8

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Suwanee, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR first
    In person interview with the Director of Accounting and two Senior Accounting Managers and one Senior Accountant
    Also took a quick accounting basic knowledge quiz hand-written based

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Suwanee, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewees meet with the entire team. Process takes about 3 hours. Majority of the interviewers will ask about your resume/past projects. Some technical questions will be asked as well. For this position that meant coding questions in the language you are most comfortable. Also included are some riddles to test how well you can problem solve. Just be prepared to talk out your solutions.

Interview Questions

• What are the problems with this (given) snippet of code?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARRIS (Horsham, PA).

Interview

I applied online, the process took about a month. The interview process was quick. A few days after my first round, I received an email that I was selected for the second round. There were three rounds of interviews - all with people I would actually work with when I join. Most questions were behavioral, except one where I was asked about how I would improve a demand forecast.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARRIS (Lowell, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

First round basically info gathering done by hr, next round telephonic where manager goes through resume and ask about general object oriented questions
    Third round technical, a bit tricky one questions are average but person will try to dig you on complexity and wants optimal solution
    Fourth Round - F2F mostly resume questions, some coding questions & architecture design

Interview Questions

• Sort array of strings in non lexographic way   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Coming from an internal applicant, my experience might be atypical for an external applicant. The process was overall very informal. I submitted my resume and was contacted within a few weeks about an interview. I had one brief meeting (on the phone) discussing the position, what it entails, what technologies are commonly used, etc. I was given a few topics to study up on. The next interview was also fairly informal (phone interview) where I basically discussed my own experiences using Java, different projects that I had done, what technologies I have used. I was asked a few questions about race conditions, multi-threading, and Spring Framework.

Interview Questions

• Can you briefly describe the Spring Framework and what its advantages are?   Answer Question
    • What does the 'synchronized' keyword do when added to a method?   Answer Question
    • Describe the most complex Java project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ARRIS (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview set up by recruiter and I was contacted by 5 different recruiters. I had a phone interview as the job was located in Denver, Colorado. I was interviewed by two managers of the hiring company one Charter/Spectrum manager and the job was to support Charter/Spectrum CATV network.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process for a Cable Modem to come on line.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARRIS (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Three telephonic interviews
    1. basic screening and a little bit of background and interest information
    2.interview with the manager
    3.full technical interview with your future team lead, screen sharing and asked questions on resume, also asked tricky questions and riddles

Interview Questions

• what makes you different from all the other resumes we have received?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ARRIS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and easy. The hiring manager just asked about the skills listed on my resume. Where were the skills used in practical and similar questions. The interview process was an average type one.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS in January 2017.

Interview

Very chill, they just asked about your knowledge of certain subject regarding to the position. Mostly just asked if you were comfortable and can do the job. Just relax as they're trying to find someone that can fit in with the group and be responsible enough to get the job done.

Interview Questions

• How do you check the disk partition in linux?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ARRIS.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview.
    Phone interview covered the general knowledge on what you have done in the past.
    On-site interview was mostly about programming knowledge and some technical tricks to see your analytical skills. You don't have to know everything they ask but you do need a way to handle the questions so that they can see your approach of handling difficult technical situations.

Interview Questions

• Technical knowledge. No personal questions that you can find answers on some books.   Answer Question