ASB Bank Systems Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASB Bank (Auckland (New Zealand)) in May 2010.

Interview

The recruiter was swift and professional. I was kept informed as the days passed as to what was happening, when intereviews would start etc. When I was interviewed, it was with the Manager and their 1up manager so I was talking to the people that mattered right away.
The interview was detailed, both managers knew their stuff and were not afraid to test me. I appreciated the approach but won't lie to you - it was tough.
Pleanty of dialongue and lots of opportunity for me to comment and ask my own questions. They were open and honest about answering difficult questions I put to them too.
Great experience all round. I knew the job was right for me when the offer came though (one of the benefits of a great interview).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you have fundamentally disagreed with your managers decision or approach. How did you handle it? What action did you take? What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negociation was minimal. An offer went down and it was clearly explained that it was unlikely to change. Sounds bullish on their part but we had discussed what I was looking for and what they could pay at the interview so there were no surprises here and the result was amicable.