ASC Process Systems Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASC Process Systems Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at ASC Process Systems

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASC Process Systems (Valencia, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First met with the HR and discussed my resume and some of my experience. The HR was extremely nice and showed me indoor facilities and discussed a bit about the history of the company. Afterwards I met with the engineering manager and discussed my resume and projects in more detail. An emphasis in my design experience was put due to the job requiring a lot design. Typical behavioral questions were asked and then I was given a full tour of the production floor. About a week later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ASC Process Systems

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASC Process Systems (Sylmar, CA).

Interview

I was called by the HR manager. She interviewed me over the phone and asked a number of questions about my current job, my expectations, any limitations, and asked what my salary expectation was. After the interview she scheduled me for a face-to-face interview. When I arrived at ASC I filled out some paperwork and then met the Engineering Supervisor. He as a nice guy and asked about my skills. Because much of the job is design, he focused on SolidWorks and Inventor. ASC utilizes Inventor, but they're happy to have anyone with good solid-modeling background. I did have good experience in this regard. He spent some time discussing that this was a tough job, very challenging, and not without stress. After 10-15 minutes of interview, he took me up to be interviewed by the president. The president was a casual guy, wearing jeans and an ASC polo shirt. He was friendly and went through my resume, asking questions about my past jobs. He wanted me to explain what I did for these companies and what responsibilities I had. He asked a few questions about each job. After the Q&A, he spent 5-10 minutes discussing the mechanical engineering position. He stressed that the job was not an easy job, that it required a very good understanding of engineering priniciples, and that it involved project management. He warned me that only 1 our of every 5 engineers have the mental tools to be able to flourish in the environment. He also said that because the company had grown so fast, there was still too much work for the current staff, and as a result it was a hectic environment. I got the feeling he really didn't want to sugar-coat the job. He said it was not a boring place to work. I think he ended the conversation with "Are you sure this is the the type of job you can handle?" I answered, Yes.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you have made in a job, and what did you do to make sure it didn't happen again?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was somewhat underpaid at my previous job, so I was happy that ASC offered me $5K/year more than what I was getting before. Because of that, I didn't push for more.

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ASC Process Systems (Sylmar, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The owner seems like a nice guy during the interview. He builds a lot of hope and promise. He really makes you think that this will be a great place to work due to the specialized type of product. He shows that he knows a lot, but dig through the layers after being there a while and the owner has no idea what he is talking about.

But don't let that fool you. If you ever heard the "Don't overpromise and under deliver." Well, you'll be better off no taking the job.

I took the job. Learned alot and added many skills to put on my resume but I hated being there 90% of the time.

Interview Questions

• You have no experience in design. Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little. It seemed like pulling teeth for the company to #1 increase their offer so my pay was equal to my previous job. #2 I told them I had another interview and asked for an extension of a few days for my decision which was not granted. I took the job since I didn't want to be collecting unemployment and waiting for another offer in a down economy. Unless you desperately need a job, shop around. You'll be better off for it.